Stirling Albion v Clyde

On 07/01/2017 at 18:21, haufdaft said:

We can all see that Johnston is a nightmare in that position. He can't defend and never puts crosses into the opposition box. What's Frazer McGhee doing these days? 10 x the full back and better going forward. Fergie got rid of him!!!

Higgins plays the number 10 position but hardly touches the ball.
Sprints at defenders but rarely tackles. Waste of space and makes us start a man down. How he gets a game before Flynn I'll never understand.

Gormley is full of energy but is without the talent for this league. Always offside and really hates grass given the way he's always punching it in frustration with his own shitness.

Think McGhee at junior team Petershill he was part of Duffy's team BF played him out of position had a bad game and he never played again. Players rarely get a second chance feel sorry for Gibson had a strong season but dropped after Annan. Need to get behind players would swap Johnston and McNeil on right wing (going to a back 3 at half time cost us 2 goals against a pacy striker) grind out a result against Montrose to get back on track and consolidate top 4.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never understood playing Johnston at right back when you've got McNeil there, would surely work better swapping them. 

Gormley offside is just a standard, at least 3 or 4 times a game. 

I'd take any sort of win on Saturday, but don't think it'll be enough for Ferguson to stay. Honestly thought he might go today. 

8 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Never understood playing Johnston at right back when you've got McNeil there, would surely work better swapping them. 

Gormley offside is just a standard, at least 3 or 4 times a game. 

I'd take any sort of win on Saturday, but don't think it'll be enough for Ferguson to stay. Honestly thought he might go today. 

If I remember they did that against Edinburgh (away) with McNeil at right back and Johnston on the wing but changed back at half time as we scraped a 1-0 win (will remember my binoculars next visit). I don't recall Smith, Gibson, McNeil or Johnston costing us any glaring goals in their respective positions before we started this poor run?

I wouldn't have Johnston in the team at all. I can't remember him putting in any good crosses in any game when he has an opportunity. This is surely an essential part of a wingers job.
By my reckoning, Johnson's only cross that lead to a goal was a great finish by MacDonald rather than the quality of the cross.
He offers nothing.

I wouldn't have Johnston in the team at all. I can't remember him putting in any good crosses in any game when he has an opportunity. This is surely an essential part of a wingers job.
By my reckoning, Johnson's only cross that lead to a goal was a great finish by MacDonald rather than the quality of the cross.
He offers nothing.

His contribution to the second goal yesterday was unforgivable. Lost the ball, fell asleep and switched off as Bikey ran in behind, then when he did get back beaten with embarrassing ease as Bikey glided past him and fired it into the net.

I was seething after that, utter pish get him in the Barry bin.

8 hours ago, haufdaft said:

He offers nothing.

according to www.soccerbase.com  Johnston made 38 appearances for Airdrie, 7 Dumbarton (injured?) and 98 for Stirling (including a promotion) scoring 12 goals. There are photos playing for Hibs youths and Celtic reserves/ first team under Lennon wouldn't have achieved that if the ability wasn't there so is it like Rogers getting Armstrong on the verge of a Scotland call up or Sir Alex getting the best out of players that was his hallmark is BF getting the best out of the team not in the recent run of form as these are the same players that were sitting second in the table.

I don't think it should be forgotten that the referee was as bad as the Clyde players..
The last man tackle on MacDonald was a sending off every day of the week. The Stirling defender continuously smashed his forearm into Macdonald's head with no foul.
Multiple throw ins given the wrong way.
I would also say that he should have given Stirling a penalty in the second half for a obvious foul in the box.
No excuses though. Clyde were thrashed by Stirling.

I don't think it should be forgotten that the referee was as bad as the Clyde players..
The last man tackle on MacDonald was a sending off every day of the week. The Stirling defender continuously smashed his forearm into Macdonald's head with no foul.
I would also say that he should have given Stirling a penalty in the second half for a obvious foul in the box.

My favourite was the ref and linesman giving a throw to Clyde then the Stirling player taking it and it was allowed. Where they find these p***ks I have no idea

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

You're completely forgetting the time when ross Kavangah was down on the ground for about two minutes after getting fouled and the referee paid no attention and your players were nothing but thugs and that's why we had three players come off injured.

You're completely forgetting the time when ross Kavangah was down on the ground for about two minutes after getting fouled and the referee paid no attention and your players were nothing but thugs and that's why we had three players come off injured.

I don't think our players put in enough effort to be considered thugs.

My memory was that no Clyde player got within 2 yards of any Stirling player. They couldn't be arsed, I suspect.

I'm not counting when your defenders dealt out forearm smashes.

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I don't think our players put in enough effort to be considered thugs.

My memory was that no Clyde player got within 2 yards of any Stirling player. They couldn't be arsed, I suspect.

I'm not counting when your defenders dealt out forearm smashes.

Big frazer wright had them all dealt with, no problems at all.

It makes such a massive difference when teams at our level get hold of guys like these. The influence of a 40 year old Marko at Clyde was a pleasure to watch at times; they don't make many of these guys any more.

Archived