Broomhill

bpek

5 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

I’m aware of the Broomhill/BSC/Open Goal stuff. However I’m not aware of Broomhill’s potential future if they were relegated. I imagine that with no ground, no fanbase and no real identity at all that they’d fall through the West Premier, which is a decent standard, and be relegated instantly. How far would they fall in the West pyramid before it becomes unviable to exist.

They have a 5 year deal with Dumbarton.

They'll keep going for as long as their egos will let them, I'd imagine that will last quite a while if they can keep being licensed as they'll always dream of another hibs type Scottish draw where they can get their faces on TV.

There will be a toys out the pram moment at some point and that will be the end of it, either that or they'll forget to pay the wrong person and it's hello liquidation. 

Edited by parsforlife

Maybe someone smarter than me can have a look at their accounts (to end May 2023) and tell us what it means but appears to be liabilities within the year of £43k and a further £111k after that (loans?).

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC535003/filing-history

Also seems like they brought in £55k in 2020 which reduced their liabilities by half, presumably that was Scottish Cup run money.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

They have a 5 year deal with Dumbarton.

I should rephrase that as ‘no permanent home’. The senior team has been in the Lowland League for a decade and has had 4 homes, none of which are in Broomhill, and 3 of which aren’t even in Glasgow. They’ll only have 3 years of the Dumbarton deal left following their impending relegation from the LL and I imagine they’ll struggle in a competitive WOSFL Premier too. 

As I said, with no real fanbase, no permanent home and no real identity, you would assume the future is bleak if they are relegated this year.

10 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

The senior team has been in the Lowland League for a decade and has had 4 homes, none of which are in Broomhill, and 3 of which aren’t even in Glasgow.

In fairness they whole reason they were BSC Glasgow was because they never expected to be in 'Broomhill' exactly. The youth group they were an offshoot of was formally called Broomhill Sports Club before subsequently taking on the same branding.

It will never make sense why they chose Broomhill with the clean slate. Easily could have went the Caledonian Braves/Locos or Glasgow United type generic branding.

St Pats figured they could run a decent WoSFL set-up given the chance. Maybe Broomhill are deluded enough to think they can manage that. Helped by the ground becoming an artificial surface.

3 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

senior team has been in the Lowland League for a decade and has had 4 homes, none of which are in Broomhill, and 3 of which aren’t even in Glasgow.

They actually joined sharing Saracen Park with Ashfield, but moved on to Maryhill before ball was kicked; they also played much of 2015-16 itinerantly after Lochburn was reduced to a morass (they staged 2 home games in East Kilbride, 1 in Airdrie, 1 in Edinburgh behind closed doors, and 1 in Dumfries; season before they'd staged 1 in Galashiels and played a cup-tie in New Abbey).

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In fairness they whole reason they were BSC Glasgow was because they never expected to be in 'Broomhill' exactly. The youth group they were an offshoot of was formally called Broomhill Sports Club before subsequently taking on the same branding.

It will never make sense why they chose Broomhill with the clean slate. Easily could have went the Caledonian Braves/Locos or Glasgow United type generic branding.

Yeah I’m aware of the BSC Glasgow/Broomhill stuff but it only really furthers the case for the potential downfall of Broomhill. Broomhill, aside from any potential groundhoppers, friends and family, or Open Goal weirdos for a season, are only going to attract people from Broomhill. Which they can’t even do as they don’t even play remotely close to Broomhill. I do wonder how much longer they can operate, particularly as relegation from the LL probably means another relegation the year after. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Yeah I’m aware of the BSC Glasgow/Broomhill stuff but it only really furthers the case for the potential downfall of Broomhill. Broomhill, aside from any potential groundhoppers, friends and family, or Open Goal weirdos for a season, are only going to attract people from Broomhill. Which they can’t even do as they don’t even play remotely close to Broomhill. I do wonder how much longer they can operate, particularly as relegation from the LL probably means another relegation the year after. 

They aren't reliant on who they can attract to pay for match tickets tho, they rely on a small number of individuals who have been involved since day 1. 

They'll lose the B team cash if relegated, but probably gain a decent amount back via increased away fans. I don't think it changes the equation much unless relegation or double relegation hurts the egos of the small group of individuals too much. 

18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

They aren't reliant on who they can attract to pay for match tickets tho, they rely on a small number of individuals who have been involved since day 1. 

They'll lose the B team cash if relegated, but probably gain a decent amount back via increased away fans. I don't think it changes the equation much unless relegation or double relegation hurts the egos of the small group of individuals too much. 

It’s definitely the egos. When rocking up at the likes of Maybole Juniors and Neilston in a couple of seasons with no hope of ever reaching the LL again, what’s the point?

27 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

With the SFA licence and a place in what is pretty much a closed league (applies to both LL and WOSFL) surely their future is to be taken over or merged with someone more ambitious.

We've seen with the Open Goal Broomhill experiment they're certainly willing to work with others, just as long as they keep running things in the background. I still reckon they're kicking themselves that Caledonian Braves have tapped into these American mugs willing to splash the cash. Braves even have a training kit sponsor!

Very pleasing to hear these c***s are struggling. It's been horrible watching their campaign to get Dumbarton fans to adopt them and they thought appointing a guid Dumbarton lad as manager would bring in local fans and it's failed miserably. The sooner they enter the bin the better.

There definitely appears to be a continual downsizing at Broomhill and I get the feeling the money well is slowly drying up, if not completely by this point.  There is an air of fatigue about it as the success hasn't matched the prior hype and there is only so many times you can change grounds and names before even the most loyal get fed up. Was Mozza their only true fan btw? Even he got sick of it. Funny how they dicked their few enthusiastic fans/volunteers about chasing the Open Goal pish and are now grovelling to the people of Dumbarton to come along.

Obviously you had the Open Goal era bringing in Ferry and signing lads well above their station like Kirk Broadfoot, but last season they still had a good few with plenty of experience higher up in the SPFL under their belts, which made me think someone was still putting cash in from the outside. This season most of those guys have moved on and they've been replaced with players much further down the food chain and as far as the amateurs. I wouldn't be surprised if a good few of these boys aren't even being paid a wage and signed for the "opportunity". Even Gretna have signed a few here and there from the likes of the Northern League. 

I think they also placed a lot of hope in good crowds from colt teams to fill their coffers and attract sponsors which hasn't happened, and you can see by their clinging to the annual peanut bribes to allow the colts in that things are desperate.  

I still feel they could easily attract a chancer with money to throw away or some gullible idiot swayed by George Fraser to keep things going on a season to season basis, just look at some of the shitehawk outfits the West is infested with who groundshare or play at cages, but it looks grim. Their level is literally probably division 4 of the West at best without a backer.  Infact, I wouldn't even put it past George himself to say f**k it, if a new opportunity came up at another club.

I'd be very curious to know what they are paying Dumbarton each season. There's no way that's chump change, especially whilst they still have a grass pitch. 

Edited by Benidorm

3 hours ago, Benidorm said:

There definitely appears to be a continual downsizing at Broomhill and I get the feeling the money well is slowly drying up, if not completely by this point.  There is an air of fatigue about it as the success hasn't matched the prior hype and there is only so many times you can change grounds and names before even the most loyal get fed up. Was Mozza their only true fan btw? Even he got sick of it. Funny how they dicked their few enthusiastic fans/volunteers about chasing the Open Goal pish and are now grovelling to the people of Dumbarton to come along.

Obviously you had the Open Goal era bringing in Ferry and signing lads well above their station like Kirk Broadfoot, but last season they still had a good few with plenty of experience higher up in the SPFL under their belts, which made me think someone was still putting cash in from the outside. This season most of those guys have moved on and they've been replaced with players much further down the food chain and as far as the amateurs. I wouldn't be surprised if a good few of these boys aren't even being paid a wage and signed for the "opportunity". Even Gretna have signed a few here and there from the likes of the Northern League. 

I think they also placed a lot of hope in good crowds from colt teams to fill their coffers and attract sponsors which hasn't happened, and you can see by their clinging to the annual peanut bribes to allow the colts in that things are desperate.  

I still feel they could easily attract a chancer with money to throw away or some gullible idiot swayed by George Fraser to keep things going on a season to season basis, just look at some of the shitehawk outfits the West is infested with who groundshare or play at cages, but it looks grim. Their level is literally probably division 4 of the West at best without a backer.  Infact, I wouldn't even put it past George himself to say f**k it, if a new opportunity came up at another club.

I'd be very curious to know what they are paying Dumbarton each season. There's no way that's chump change, especially whilst they still have a grass pitch. 

Don't know what we're charging Broomhill but we were rumoured to be getting £1.5k per match from Rangers U21s before Broomhill moved in. 

15 hours ago, sdr71 said:

With the SFA licence and a place in what is pretty much a closed league (applies to both LL and WOSFL) surely their future is to be taken over or merged with someone more ambitious.

The Lowland League is a closed league apart from the 6 clubs that have been relegated out of it, the 4 clubs that have been promoted out of it, the 4 clubs that have been relegated into it and the 6 clubs that have been promoted into it. 

6 hours ago, Benidorm said:

Was Mozza their only true fan btw? Even he got sick of it. Funny how they dicked their few enthusiastic fans/volunteers about chasing the Open Goal pish and are now grovelling to the people of Dumbarton to come along.

Mozza is a good guy who got thrown under the bus by them. He backed the leadship all way and took a lot of flack only to be pretty much punted the minute Fraser's head was turned by the clownshow. The club and it's hierarchy are a disgrace