Martin McGuinness resigns, Stormont in chaos

ICTChris

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

My hot take: It is legitimate to condemn and disagree with large elements of McGuinness' admittedly brutal past whilst both acknowledging and celebrating his reform as a powerful, unyielding advocate for peace, progress and pacification. There has been an unhelpful lack of nuance in many reactions today, especially on social media. 

I heard Theresa May's comments reported on the radio, that seemed to be the gist of her statement.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Mandela killed people too remember...

Clearly very different cases but there are also similarities.

Yeah, one person's freedom fighter and all that...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You said you hated it not that you didn't get it. It's hard not to read that as suggesting that you thought that not forgiving him was wrong.

On rereading it seems you actually hate even the suggestion that their was anything to forgive.

Sorry TC again you're missing the point, Whether people forgave him or not or he apologised or not has nothing to do with peace in NI?

Im merely stating that I don't get some of the , Well I don't forgive him , or he never apologised brigade?...who cares ? What does that have to do with anything?

Maybe an historically linked Unionists from NI can explain it better..

22 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

5Live just took a call from a guy in Glasgow who declared that MM was almost Mandela like ... then they followed it up with a call from Lord Tebbit declaring that he hoped MM would burn in Hell for all eternity.

The IRA killed a friend of mine ... I preferred Lord Tebbit's call.

Did Mandela ever apologise for his terrorism?

24 minutes ago, Mudder said:

Did Mandela ever apologise for his terrorism?

Did Tebbit ever apologise for his part in the Miners' strike? Or the Grunwick dispute? His self-interest in the BT sell-off?

Nah, didn't think so. His wife and he were injured badly in 1984, obviously, but to allow that to overshadow, if not justify negation of,  the contribution to the Peace Process by McGuiness is frankly childish.

The man is a bitter old c**t, who willingly went to war with the Working Class of this country and used his position for personal advancement and enrichment. Fúck him, and my symathies towards his wife, who as well as being an innocent victim of the bombing, has had to breathe the same air as the vicious b*****d for most of her life.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Did Tebbit ever apologise for his part in the Miners' strike? Or the Grunwick dispute? His self-interest in the BT sell-off?

Nah, didn't think so. His wife and he were injured badly in 1984, obviously, but to allow that to overshadow the contribution to the Peace Process by McGuiness is frankly childish.

The man is a bitter old c**t, who willingly went to war with the Working Class of this country and used his position for personal advancement and enrichment. Fúck him, and my symathies towards his wife, who as well as being an innocent victim of the bombing, has had to breathe the same air as the vicious b*****d for most of her life.

It's not really terrorism or gardening though, is it?

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I heard Theresa May's comments reported on the radio, that seemed to be the gist of her statement.

Yeah, one person's freedom fighter and all that...

Some chunts are simply terrorists.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

It's not really terrorism or gardening though, is it?

The Miners' Strike, as has become clear with release of formerly classified documents, was part of a war between the Conservative Party and the Trade Union movement - and by extension, with the vast majority of this country's population. As unforgivable behaviour goes, that is several steps up from terrorism/freedom fighting - neither Mandela or McGuiness wanted to subjugate their own people.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The Miners' Strike, as has become clear with release of formerly classified documents, was part of a war between the Conservative Party and the Trade Union movement - and by extension, with the vast majority of this country's population. As unforgivable behaviour goes, that is several steps up from terrorism/freedom fighting - neither Mandela or McGuiness wanted to subjugate their own people.

I'm struggling to see where Charlie's tits fit in to your argument.

Terrorists =bad.
Peados = not so bad in Tebbitland.

Norman Tebbit has never been afraid to speak up for unpopular causes, but causes don’t come much more unpopular than this one.

The former Conservative party chairman is probably the only person in Britain to have a good word to say about Jimmy Savile.

Lord Tebbit and his wife, Margaret, became friends with the disgraced entertainer while doing charity work at Stoke Mandeville Hospital (where Savile allegedly carried out 22 child sex offences, according to police).

“I always had my worries about Jimmy, because he was a very odd fellow,” Tebbit told The Guardian, but he added: “Jimmy did a great deal of good as well as wrong. And in anybody’s life, you have to look at both sides of the ledger.”

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

A thing I learned from the news this morning is that the word for the head of the Irish assembly that I won't try to spell is called Teeshock, which I found hilarious.

I thought this was about a golfer being struck by lightning.

1 minute ago, mjw said:

Terrorists =bad.
Peados = not so bad in Tebbitland.

Norman Tebbit has never been afraid to speak up for unpopular causes, but causes don’t come much more unpopular than this one.

The former Conservative party chairman is probably the only person in Britain to have a good word to say about Jimmy Savile.

Lord Tebbit and his wife, Margaret, became friends with the disgraced entertainer while doing charity work at Stoke Mandeville Hospital (where Savile allegedly carried out 22 child sex offences, according to police).

“I always had my worries about Jimmy, because he was a very odd fellow,” Tebbit told The Guardian, but he added: “Jimmy did a great deal of good as well as wrong. And in anybody’s life, you have to look at both sides of the ledger.

Dear oh dear - can't even agree with himself. His boss, mind, entertained Savile at Chequers for Christmas every fucking year she was in power. Just imagine the after-dinner entertainment.

53 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The Miners' Strike, as has become clear with release of formerly classified documents, was part of a war between the Conservative Party and the Trade Union movement - and by extension, with the vast majority of this country's population. 

Heehaw to do with pits not being economically viable then?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Heehaw to do with pits not being economically viable then?

You believe what you want to believe, Kincy. As a Tory yourself, the facts won't be allowed to get in the way of your accepted narrative.

Archived