50 Worst Games of all time - P&B decides

BFTD

40 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Aliens Colonial Marines was the biggest let down for me. Not quite sure if it is the worst game I've played but it is certainly up there.

The trailer for the game looked fairly awesome and Gearbox were making all the right noises about replicating the Aliens film.

The released game ended up nothing like the trailer. The graphics were horrible and the story absolute nonsense. In most levels you can actually just run past the aliens. The only saving grace was that they did get the sound from the films spot on and one of the DLC was a big improvement over the main game. There was rumours that Gearbox had been using the money they got from Sega on Borderlands rather the Alien game and pretty sure it ended up going to court.

You can get some mods on the PC that make it look a lot better. Gameplay still pretty much sucks though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bubsy 3D on the ps1

I was 7 when I got a PS1, my first console and my family got me a fair amount of games, Crash Bandicoot 1, Spyro, International Superstar soccer pro, F1 98, Smackdown and if I remember correctly a couple of PS1 magazines with the demo disks. However I also received this piece of shit game.

8f27708b63d6337c2c395bd31e2fe327.jpg

Bubsy 3D - what is commonly referred to as the worst platformer in PS1 history, where do I start, the plot was weak, even as a kid it made no sense, the enemies made no sense, they'd walk around you, chase you until they gave up, or it would spawn an enemy to powerful for you to beat yet, the layout was shite and you had no idea if you'd completed the level or not. I remember one summer my dad pulled the box out from the back of my tv stand and asked if I wanted to play it, we both decided to give it another chance, remembered everything wrong with it and went down to game and came home with crash 3 that same day.

1 - Shaq Fu

2 - Ghostbusters (1988)

3 - H Story

4 - Hellboy: Asylum Seeker

5 - Super Columbine Massacre RPG

6 - The Crow: City Of Angels

7 - Spawn: The Eternal

8 - Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

9 - Aliens Colonial Marines

10 - Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

18 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Belter. I remember renting that out from Blockbuster with my pocket money one Saturday and taking it back a day early. It was painful.

same except i used global video, i always wondered why they were howling with laughter by the time i got to leaving the place :lol:

Some good shouts in here but I've only ever seen them on YouTube videos listing the Worst Games of All Time. I've never played them. Fair play to the brers paying good money for Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing and Ride to Hell: Retribution.

I've played a couple of crap games in the past. An early Mega Drive compilation bundled Italia '90 and Columns with Super Hang On, a biking game. I remember it playing alright and being decent fun but the frame of the bike kept on breaking, preventing you from starting the match. You could save up to buy a new one but it kept on breaking and you couldn't race. A complete waste of time.

One the PlayStation, I remember City of Lost Children being absolutely dire. It looked fantastic but the gameplay was terrible and the puzzles just too damn abstract to do. I followed a guide to complete it and the solutions didn't make a lick of sense to me.

My sister got Charlie's Angels for the Camecube in 2003 - I played it wi her and at that age (14) I was too daft and unfeeling tae realise how bad it was -

I bought the notorious Rambo PC game a few years back for a Uni video (parodying The Angry Video Game Nerd) but the game recorder I had was so bad it didn't work at all (which I spent money on!) - didn'y get far enough through it tae confirm it was as awful, glitchy and unresponsive as first appeared.

I cut my gaming teeth on an Amstrad CPC464 back in the day, a platform that had a few decent games for its time (Operation Wolf, Emlyn Hughes International Soccer, the previously mentioned Rock Star Ate My Hamster, for example)

However, the first football game I ever played was one purchased from Boots, from Mastertronics' budget range and cost (from memory) the princely sum of £1.99.

Ladies and Gents, I give you Five A Side Soccer...

Now I totally get that technological/programming restraints would severely hamper the quality of game that could be produced, but fucking look at it!!

I cut my gaming teeth on an Amstrad CPC464 back in the day, a platform that had a few decent games for its time (Operation Wolf, Emlyn Hughes International Soccer, the previously mentioned Rock Star Ate My Hamster, for example)

However, the first football game I ever played was one purchased from Boots, from Mastertronics' budget range and cost (from memory) the princely sum of £1.99.

Ladies and Gents, I give you Five A Side Soccer...

Now I totally get that technological/programming restraints would severely hamper the quality of game that could be produced, but fucking look at it!!

There were a bunch of similar looking football games at the time. Think I had Matchday, or match of the day,something like that.

It was also awful

Eta - it was Matchday

Some good shouts in here but I've only ever seen them on YouTube videos listing the Worst Games of All Time. I've never played them. Fair play to the brers paying good money for Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing and Ride to Hell: Retribution.
I've played a couple of crap games in the past. An early Mega Drive compilation bundled Italia '90 and Columns with Super Hang On, a biking game. I remember it playing alright and being decent fun but the frame of the bike kept on breaking, preventing you from starting the match. You could save up to buy a new one but it kept on breaking and you couldn't race. A complete waste of time.
One the PlayStation, I remember City of Lost Children being absolutely dire. It looked fantastic but the gameplay was terrible and the puzzles just too damn abstract to do. I followed a guide to complete it and the solutions didn't make a lick of sense to me.

Super Hang On was a tremendous game.

There were a bunch of similar looking football games at the time. Think I had Matchday, or match of the day,something like that.
It was also awful
Eta - it was Matchday

Recognised the name and, after a quick Youtube search, realise it's because I owned Matchday 2.

Also terrible.

I own a copy of Ride to Hell: Retribution on Steam, and I fully intent to play it some day  #badass

I'd forgotten about Plumbers Don't Wear Ties - other than the appalling shiteness, it was infamous for a while as being so bad that it was impossible to find a copy of. Nobody was selling original copies, probably because only a handful existed, and no-one had bothered to upload/share any pirate versions. Thankfully, you can watch a full playthrough - it was clearly created by aliens who were unfamiliar with our human concepts of "games" or "entertainment". See for yourselves...

Archived