50 Worst Games of all time - P&B decides

BFTD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Questprobe 1: The Hulk for the Spectrum. I think the only thing I ever managed to do was turn into the Hulk, walk outside, and die  :lol:

Saw a walkthrough for the game years later, and it was criminally obvious that you were never supposed to finish the game yourself, but to get pissed off and buy one of the hint books that they were shilling.

Rambo First Blood Part II on the Spectrum. Actually a quality game, maybe nine out of ten, except it crashed when you killed the gunship at the end. So minus several million out of ten for that bawbaggery. 

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Sonic 3D can f**k off. Truly awful game that took away everything everyone loved about Sonic, making you move slowly around a grid. Special mentions to the 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog for being shite and boring too.
I hated Echo the Dolphin too, never had a clue what was going on at any point.

I'm pretty sure that game was designed for people that wanted to get massively stoned then cut about the ocean pretending to be a dolphin, and for no other reason. 

I'll shout Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, which was a fucking atrocity of a game.

Wacky Races (PS1) – The gameplay was terrible and the graphics horribly jumpy, especially considering it came out about a year after Crash Team Racing.

FIFA 2003 (PS2) – It terms of graphics, controls etc I remember the game being quite good for the time. However, within 5 days of buying the game, I could beat the computer by 5 or 6 goals every time on the hardest setting. I don’t say this as a boast, as I buy at least one football game every year and rarely reach the highest difficulty setting nowadays. Such a waste of money as I got bored of the game instantly.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Wii) – Like a lot of games that weren’t specifically designed for the Wii, this might have been a decent game on other consoles but the conversion to using the Wii controllers was appalling.

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Probably easy just to pick to C64 games that were bugged to f**k or just unplayable. Jonah Lomu rugby on the PS1 also stands out as a game that was horrendous.

This. I dont think theres any way I could come up with a short list of worst games given some of the early 8-bit stuff I played as a kid.

Maybe we should do a Best Retro Game list?

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Am I the only one that thought Worms was pure pish?

No, I did too.

Everybody's Golf. Too difficult.

Whatever fake Fifa they have at the Hampden museum.

Guardians of the Greenwood on the old Acorn machine at Primary school.

Final fantasy 12, 13 and 10-2

Onside Soccer on ps1

Bubsy 3d

Total Soccer Manager on pc

Hugo on ps1

Discworld Noire simply because it's only playable on certain format on pc and I could never run the darn thing.

Jack Nicholas Golf on Atari st

Re Jonah Lomu - An unnamed friend of mine is an ex-Scotland rugby international.  He secretly keeps Jonah Lomu and the console you play it on (PS1?) hidden at the back of his garage so he can play as himself occasionally when he needs cheering up!!  Made me laugh when he showed me!

Aliens Colonial Marines was the biggest let down for me. Not quite sure if it is the worst game I've played but it is certainly up there.

The trailer for the game looked fairly awesome and Gearbox were making all the right noises about replicating the Aliens film.

The released game ended up nothing like the trailer. The graphics were horrible and the story absolute nonsense. In most levels you can actually just run past the aliens. The only saving grace was that they did get the sound from the films spot on and one of the DLC was a big improvement over the main game. There was rumours that Gearbox had been using the money they got from Sega on Borderlands rather the Alien game and pretty sure it ended up going to court.

Re: Jonah Lomu - it is the only game where I've raged so much, presumably at consistent perceived CPU cheating, I turned off the game, opened the lid of the PS1 and destroyed the disc with my bare hands. so there's that.

God knows how many disappointing football games I played on C64 / Master System / Amiga, fortunately only the good ones seems to have stuck properly although the computerised version of Subbuteo was a particularly hard grind.

15 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

This is just wrong. Jonah Lomu Rugby was a magnificent game.

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Re: Jonah Lomu - it is the only game where I've raged so much, presumably at consistent perceived CPU cheating, I turned off the game, opened the lid of the PS1 and destroyed the disc with my bare hands. so there's that.

It is undoubtedly one of the most rage-inducing games I've ever played due to difficulty, but I'm with Connolly here: it was a tremendous game despite it being almost impossible to beat a better team.

Archived