• Created
  • Last Reply

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties for the 3DO.

Features:

An upside down chicken mask
A fat man chasing a women around Hollywood with a pen
A crowd of dogs applauding the death of one of the narrators
A race event with pandas
And many more "What the flying f**k did I just witness?" moments to question your sanity.

671d082a09dcb0932d1a6a8cb63a8ce8.jpg

I own a copy of Ride to Hell: Retribution on Steam, and I fully intent to play it some day  #badass
I'd forgotten about Plumbers Don't Wear Ties - other than the appalling shiteness, it was infamous for a while as being so bad that it was impossible to find a copy of. Nobody was selling original copies, probably because only a handful existed, and no-one had bothered to upload/share any pirate versions. Thankfully, you can watch a full playthrough - it was clearly created by aliens who were unfamiliar with our human concepts of "games" or "entertainment". See for yourselves...

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties for the 3DO.

Features:

An upside down chicken mask
A fat man chasing a women around Hollywood with a pen
A crowd of dogs applauding the death of one of the narrators
A race event with pandas
And many more "What the flying f**k did I just witness?" moments

This isn't actually the worst idea for a game to be honest if it wasn't utterly bonkers and low budget.

Playing through a movie with the choices made by you and the scenes acted out could actually be pretty decent.

Still, I watched that video and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen.

On 14/01/2017 at 10:24, The Naitch said:

Pretty much anything released on the Phillips CD-i.

For anyone who didn't have the pleasure of playing that 'console', here's a handy round up of what seems like their entire catalogue...

On 14/01/2017 at 10:24, The Naitch said:

Pretty much anything released on the Phillips CD-i.

The question is, did you ask for it, or was it foisted upon you, probably by a well-meaning gran who knew you liked "the board games on the picture box"?

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The question is, did you ask for it, or was it foisted upon you, probably by a well-meaning gran who knew you liked "the board games on the picture box"?

Very much foisted upon me as a Christmas present. All I remember was it was a bugger getting games for it. Only place I could get them was at the nearest Scottish Power shop. Mental.

Very much foisted upon me as a Christmas present. All I remember was it was a bugger getting games for it. Only place I could get them was at the nearest Scottish Power shop. Mental.

I've just looked that up and realised it was something someone at primary school had. His mum wouldn't buy him a PlayStation, going to his after school was boring, I couldn't play half the games because I found them boring.

Sure i saw something that said this game bombed so much that they burned all remaining copies :lol:. A copy will no doubt be worth a small fortune

They buried them in a landfill, most people thought it was just an urban legend until they actually found it in Arizona.

Sure i saw something that said this game bombed so much that they burned all remaining copies :lol:. A copy will no doubt be worth a small fortune

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2015/08/881-e-t-cartridges-buried-in-new-mexico-desert-sell-for-107930-15/%3Famp%3D1

Archived