P&B Bird Watch

RedRob72

On 16/06/2018 at 12:07, Zetterlund said:

The cat is loving them too - surely only a matter of time before I find the remains of something in my slipper one morning.

This caught my attention as it brings back a cat we used to have when staying up outside Inverbervie.  She loved you cuddlet and that in the house but she was a ferocious hunter.  If she was out at night you were guaranteed that a present would be lefthe on the doorstep for the morning, birds,micespecially and even on occasion a stoat or weasel.  I will always remember getting a taxi out at back of one one Saturday morning after being at the pub, to find the cat hissing and clawing at a bush and the sound of terrified squeaking from inside the bush.  In the morning 3 dead mice at the doorstep.

Edited by CaspianChris

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Love a Bullfinch. What's in the feeder on the right?

They've both got sunflower hearts in them.

As an aside, I mentioned ages ago on here that I had put a Nyger seed feeder up that the birds wouldn't touch.  It helps if you take the plastic sheath (steady) out from inside it........:ph34r:

Edited by KnightswoodBear

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Excellent shots mantis. Were you in a hide or a site you know of?

There’s a nest site near Aviemore everybody knows, it’s not hard to find. There are loads of Osprey nests even in Lothian & Borders but none as accessible as this one. Still need a 600mm lens though.

All my close-up shots are at a fishery near Aviemore, again, common knowledge. I know a bloke who goes regularly to Loch Glow in Fife, another fishery. I went once but nae luck.

Whisper it but there's an osprey been seen on the Teith just south-east of Callander.  My daughter and I spotted it a couple of times flying along the river.  The river must open up into some bigger pools somewhere downstream.  Or will ospreys take fish from a running river?  There's a lot of white water so the fish must be hard to spot.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...