Queen of the South v Hibernian

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing a couple of wingers and stretching the QOS midfield/defence would suit Shinnie and give him more room to operate.  He always looks good when he first gets the ball at his feet although a useful end product is usually lacking.  More space for him could change that.

11 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

Playing a couple of wingers and stretching the QOS midfield/defence would suit Shinnie and give him more room to operate.  He always looks good when he first gets the ball at his feet although a useful end product is usually lacking.  More space for him could change that.

It might also give him a few openings to thread balls in behind between centre halves and full backs. I feel he looks for these passes a lot but as we've been using the full backs for width they aren't making running in behind like wingers would. 

He is frustrating though, wants too much time on the ball and in general is so hot and cold. 

2 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

the only time I thought he played well was his debut(?) against Morton.he's always going to stand out against Junior sides.

He was very good in the second half at Dunfermline (no-one was good first half), was good vs QoS at ER and I thought he was the only half decent player at Tannadice, he was the only one trying to link up play to the strikers when Dylan and Marv both wanted to sit in front of the centre backs!  There is an argument that of course he'd show up well against the juniors, all of our players should, but he was our best meaning he performed better than the rest of our squad that day, although Keatings did run him close after a shaky start.  I thought he'd be dominated by their more physical players cos he has been a bit lightweight but he held his own and, as I said, was involved in everything going forward.

I think he's had a bit of a rough deal cos when Boyle was playing a few of the players liked to just lump it for him to chase and that isn't Shinnie's game at all, he enjoys players that will move for him rather than coming towards the ball which Holt and JC tend to do.  He'll get playing with Keatings, Humphrey and Boyle (if we don't hoof it to him)

No point going defensive against the best team in the division as we are still mostly unable to keep clean sheets against the other teams. Hibs will score and our only hope is that we score at least as many as them. Thomas and Carmichael on the wings, Thomson and Rankin in midfield, Lyle and Dobbie up top, 3 at the back with Marshall and Mercer pushing on, and Jacobs dropped out of necessity rather than choice.

No point going defensive against the best team in the division as we are still mostly unable to keep clean sheets against the other teams. Hibs will score and our only hope is that we score at least as many as them. Thomas and Carmichael on the wings, Thomson and Rankin in midfield, Lyle and Dobbie up top, 3 at the back with Marshall and Mercer pushing on, and Jacobs dropped out of necessity rather than choice.

It would perhaps even things up if we played with 12 men but don't think we'll get away with it.

32 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Apologies my mistake.

No, I count 12 players as well - 3 at the back, Marshall and Mercer pushing on = 5, Thomson and Rankin in the middle = 7, Thomas and Carmichael on the wings = 9, Lyle and Dobbie up front = 11, plus an unmentioned keeper.

13 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, I count 12 players as well - 3 at the back, Marshall and Mercer pushing on = 5, Thomson and Rankin in the middle = 7, Thomas and Carmichael on the wings = 9, Lyle and Dobbie up front = 11, plus an unmentioned keeper.

Backie keepers this week.

Given our record with an extra man not sure that we would be favourites with 12v11!!

Archived