Queen of the South v Hibernian

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Marvin Bartley am I right in thinking he is suspended for this game? ( hope so always think he adds power & height to Hibs midfield).

Yeah he is suspended. Depends on the kind of game it turns out to be, if you lot attack and take the game to us Bartley is an asset. If you park the full team behind the ball and make us try and break that down then he's a waste of a jersey. McGeough, Fyvie and McGinn in midfield would be my guess. 

20 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Yeah he is suspended. Depends on the kind of game it turns out to be, if you lot attack and take the game to us Bartley is an asset. If you park the full team behind the ball and make us try and break that down then he's a waste of a jersey. McGeough, Fyvie and McGinn in midfield would be my guess. 

Would imagine we will have a go at you it's our best method of defence and we have scored 8 in last 3 league games.

23 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Not seen McGeouch, Fyvie and McGinn all in midfield for a while. They are brilliant when all in there together. 

So are Carmichael Jacobs Rankin Thomson & Thomas.

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Not seen McGeouch, Fyvie and McGinn all in midfield for a while. They are brilliant when all in there together. 

When was the last time they all played? Cup final? Can't remember if they played brondby away or not 

9 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Would imagine we will have a go at you it's our best method of defence and we have scored 8 in last 3 league games.

I really hope we don't attempt to sit in.  I agree that we'd be better trying to play more on the front foot.  I'm not convinced we'll get that though.

Got the misfortune of being in Dumfries tomorrow morning, thinking about taking this one in rather than making a mad dash to Methil.

Seems easy enough to get away end tickets. Would expect a decent game if both teams go for it. A lot of firepower between the two teams.

Got the misfortune of being in Dumfries tomorrow morning, thinking about taking this one in rather than making a mad dash to Methil.
Seems easy enough to get away end tickets. Would expect a decent game if both teams go for it. A lot of firepower between the two teams.

Thanks for sharing that! [emoji15]

I really hope we don't attempt to sit in.  I agree that we'd be better trying to play more on the front foot.  I'm not convinced we'll get that though.

We didn't away to Dundee United so I don't think there's any reason to think we will at home to Hibs. I'm sure Naysmith is smart enough to realise our defence isn't good enough for said strategy anyway.

Despite having some misgivings of my own to begin with, playing Dobbie up front on his own works because we now have willing runners from midfield who will get forward and help him.

I think it may well end up being a similar type of game to the one at Tannadice with both teams having spells where they are on top. For us to get anything we'll need to carry on our run of being clinical in attack and cut out the gifts at the back.

It's a tall order, and I expect Hibs to win by a couple of goals. It's not the lost cause it was set to be a matter of weeks ago though.

I'm looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, palmy_cammy said:

We didn't away to Dundee United so I don't think there's any reason to think we will at home to Hibs. I'm sure Naysmith is smart enough to realise our defence isn't good enough for said strategy anyway.

Despite having some misgivings of my own to begin with, playing Dobbie up front on his own works because we now have willing runners from midfield who will get forward and help him.

I think it may well end up being a similar type of game to the one at Tannadice with both teams having spells where they are on top. For us to get anything we'll need to carry on our run of being clinical in attack and cut out the gifts at the back.

It's a tall order, and I expect Hibs to win by a couple of goals. It's not the lost cause it was set to be a matter of weeks ago though.

I'm looking forward to it.

Yes, I'm looking forward to this one too.

I've not seen the games since the new guys came in, but it's clear that we now pose more of a threat than we did.

I just fear that we might try to be cagey against the league's best side.  If such fear is misplaced, then good.

Yes, I'm looking forward to this one too.
I've not seen the games since the new guys came in, but it's clear that we now pose more of a threat than we did.
I just fear that we might try to be cagey against the league's best side.  If such fear is misplaced, then good.

Well I can't guarantee it, we were a bit cagey for the first 10 minutes or so against United before coming into it.

It's highly possible Hibs will dominate us for the full game as in my eyes they are the best team in the league by a distance, and have made some cracking signings of their own.

I'm fairly confident it won't happen through choice though.

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Well I can't guarantee it, we were a bit cagey for the first 10 minutes or so against United before coming into it.

It's highly possible Hibs will dominate us for the full game as in my eyes they are the best team in the league by a distance, and have made some cracking signings of their own.

I'm fairly confident it won't happen through choice though.

Yes, there's always a danger that it evolves that way without it having been part of a game plan.That can always happen against decent opposition.

I just hope though that there's a recognition that our best bet of getting something here will require us to score goals, rather than keep them at bay.

Archived