Gary Locke out

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Aye 2 yr deal :(

I'm just glad he didn't sign his players on longer than 1 yr deals. Like he did with McHattie at Killie. Signing him on a 3yr deal :lol:

I shudder to think hw much he has "jambos legend" Rudi Skacel on

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've said before that I've got a soft spot for Raith due to the stand that the late Turnbull Hutton took over Sevco. I don't know the ins and outs of Locke, and maybe they are right to want him away, but where in the league do Raith fans think they should be?

We shouldn't have went exactly 100 days today since our last victory. Even longer since our last half decent performance.

Players like Bobby Barr and Kyle Benedictus who are brilliant players at this level, shouldn't be playing for an incompetent buffoon.

The position in the league doesn't bother me.

It's the performances week in, week out.

It's the excuses after ever single game.

It's the tactics he uses, or lack of.

It's the money he's wasting on absolute dross.

It's the fact that because of all of the above, the club is going to take a massive hit financially next season onwards until certain board members walk as well.

In saying that, we have better players than Dumbarton IMO, we have a better all round team than the Pars IMO. We're probably on a par with QotS for the players we have, so 5th or 6th in this league, I reckon we should be, with the players. With the manager, I'm just grateful for Alex Rae.

Morton are the team that have impressed me this season. Their players aren't much better than ours or QotS, barring maybe Forbes and Nesbitt. Yet, Duffy has them well organised every game, fighting for absolutely everything.

Seems like a life time ago that we were playing like that but in fact, it was only 9 months ago.

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I've said before that I've got a soft spot for Raith due to the stand that the late Turnbull Hutton took over Sevco.

I don't know the ins and outs of Locke, and maybe they are right to want him away, but where in the league do Raith fans think they should be?

4th - 7th but in no danger of relegation.

55 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I've said before that I've got a soft spot for Raith due to the stand that the late Turnbull Hutton took over Sevco.

I don't know the ins and outs of Locke, and maybe they are right to want him away, but where in the league do Raith fans think they should be?

If memory serves me right we're the only club in the division who have been at Championship level for seven consecutive seasons? Came up for the 09/10 season? 

So this is where we "should" be. Mid table with the odd flurry either at the top end or the bottom end. 

Highest we have finished has been second, and lowest being 8th. 

First day of the season I expected Ayr to beat Raith for the sole reason that Locke was in the opposing dugout. As it happened, we were soundly pumped and looked miles off it.

Fast forward half a season and Rovers are finally looking like the team we all expected.

Locke must stay

Gary Locke always seems to start well, he got the Killie and Hearts jobs after a good run as interim manager, so along with his phenomenal abilities in job interviews, he must be able to motivate players for a short period of time. 

The problems start when he gets an opportunity to sign any out of contract ex Hearts/Killie player and teams figure him out fairly quickly. He can't change his way of thinking and being able to speak well only gets you so far. He's only ever played under Jim Jefferies so does he know any other way of playing than what he's done in the past? 

Lewis Vaughan for Ryan Stevenson is a swap deal on a similar level of sheer stupidity to Ross Forbes for Andy Barrowman. Genuinely mindbogglingly bad decision to  loan one of your most talented players to a team in the same division and for a player that wasn't particularly good in League 1. 

Raith would have been in bigger trouble if Kevin Cuthbert wasn't in goals and if he's out for any length of time, Raith are well and truly in the shit.

40 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

First day of the season I expected Ayr to beat Raith for the sole reason that Locke was in the opposing dugout. As it happened, we were soundly pumped and looked miles off it.

Fast forward half a season and Rovers are finally looking like the team we all expected.

Locke must stay

Think your right, we got a doing from RR but he's slowly starting to get them into a Locke team. Probably just in time for a relegation battle

44 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Gary Locke always seems to start well, he got the Killie and Hearts jobs after a good run as interim manager, so along with his phenomenal abilities in job interviews, he must be able to motivate players for a short period of time. 

The problems start when he gets an opportunity to sign any out of contract ex Hearts/Killie player and teams figure him out fairly quickly. He can't change his way of thinking and being able to speak well only gets you so far. He's only ever played under Jim Jefferies so does he know any other way of playing than what he's done in the past? 

Lewis Vaughan for Ryan Stevenson is a swap deal on a similar level of sheer stupidity to Ross Forbes for Andy Barrowman. Genuinely mindbogglingly bad decision to  loan one of your most talented players to a team in the same division and for a player that wasn't particularly good in League 1. 

Raith would have been in bigger trouble if Kevin Cuthbert wasn't in goals and if he's out for any length of time, Raith are well and truly in the shit.

Cuthbert did get injured in the last game so there's every chance we will be stuck with Brennan. Surely 33/1 is a brilliant bet for us to finish 10th? 

24 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Cuthbert did get injured in the last game so there's every chance we will be stuck with Brennan. Surely 33/1 is a brilliant bet for us to finish 10th? 

Can you really see St Mirren getting 11/12 more points than you in 13 games?

St Mirren beat us without much trouble in the last game, have since improved and made a few signings, whereas we're worse now and have signed damp squibs. If they win the two games I'd make it a probability they'll catch us.

Just now, Wardy said:

Is Aaron Lennox still out injured or is Gary Locke just being Gary Locke? 

I'd still say St Mirren still have far too much to do but 9th should be a real worry. The next 3 games are pretty tough on paper (though Morton are depleted, Locke has the Indian sign over Hibs and Queens are due a fuckup at some point.) not to mention Ayr play St Mirren and Dumbarton so I'd be very concerned if they pick up a win or two.

Just now, Sloop John B said:

Is Aaron Lennox still out injured or is Gary Locke just being Gary Locke? 

I'd still say St Mirren still have far too much to do but 9th should be a real worry. The next 3 games are pretty tough on paper (though Morton are depleted, Locke has the Indian sign over Hibs and Queens are due a fuckup at some point.) not to mention Ayr play St Mirren and Dumbarton so I'd be very concerned if they pick up a win or two.

I think that Aaron is still eating soup, plus his hand is still on the mend, he'll be another month away from training at least.

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We shouldn't have went exactly 100 days today since our last victory. Even longer since our last half decent performance.

Players like Bobby Barr and Kyle Benedictus who are brilliant players at this level, shouldn't be playing for an incompetent buffoon.

The position in the league doesn't bother me.

It's the performances week in, week out.

It's the excuses after ever single game.

It's the tactics he uses, or lack of.

It's the money he's wasting on absolute dross.

It's the fact that because of all of the above, the club is going to take a massive hit financially next season onwards until certain board members walk as well.

In saying that, we have better players than Dumbarton IMO, we have a better all round team than the Pars IMO. We're probably on a par with QotS for the players we have, so 5th or 6th in this league, I reckon we should be, with the players. With the manager, I'm just grateful for Alex Rae.

Morton are the team that have impressed me this season. Their players aren't much better than ours or QotS, barring maybe Forbes and Nesbitt. Yet, Duffy has them well organised every game, fighting for absolutely everything.

Seems like a life time ago that we were playing like that but in fact, it was only 9 months ago.

333.gif

3 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Yep.a lot depends on how Ayr and Dumbarton do in the run in. Theyve both starting to pick up a bit of form. Certainly they both outplayed us recently (Ayr with ten men).

3 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

Yep.a lot depends on how Ayr and Dumbarton do in the run in. Theyve both starting to pick up a bit of form. Certainly they both outplayed us recently (Ayr with ten men).

You obviously didn't see our failure to beat Queens Park over 210 minutes, or our capitulations to Morton and Dunfermline recently.

Yesterday aside we have been going backwards recently

Archived