Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be completely airbrushed that Williams did not catch one ball all night.
Itoje superb
Obrien superb
Furlong superb.
Watson and Davies decent.

Wanted NZ to win, Lions probably should have had man sent off. Hats off to them.
Not sure this is great for Scottish Rugby though.. a lot of these NH players returning will get a massive phycological boost from this. Would imagine if weather dry big backlash from NZ next week..
2 tries to 0... can't complain.
Although 14 men would have made big difference not to mention missed kicks.
Makes next week more interesting. Unless some injury during week.. I'm afraid we will defo not see Seymour anywhere near squad. ..

Eh does Sexton just shove Perrenau out the way for the Webb try? No wonder there was a huge hole.

The All Black captain was asking the ref to look at something in the build up at the time

Think Lions got a few breaks from the ref. Pretty sure the TMO wanted the ref to look at the Vunipola one again, think it was a borderline ref. I'm also pretty sure you are not actually allowed to jump into tackles like Sinckler did for the winning penalty. Sets up a great game next week though. Looking forward to it. I think the ABs will be very, very up for it.

Think Lions got a few breaks from the ref. Pretty sure the TMO wanted the ref to look at the Vunipola one again, think it was a borderline ref. I'm also pretty sure you are not actually allowed to jump into tackles like Sinckler did for the winning penalty. Sets up a great game next week though. Looking forward to it. I think the ABs will be very, very up for it.

I agree re-Sinclair. I thought he jumped into the tackle, but hearing Garces talking to the Tackler, he clearly said "he jumped to catch the ball." So he's interpreted it as such and not deliberately jumping into the tackle. Fine lines though.

Eh does Sexton just shove Perrenau out the way for the Webb try? No wonder there was a huge hole.

Yeah - there was a reason that gap was there.

As for SBW.

bf1218281aa82ebcfbf0864646eca825.jpg

I agree re-Sinclair. I thought he jumped into the tackle, but hearing Garces talking to the Tackler, he clearly said "he jumped to catch the ball." So he's interpreted it as such and not deliberately jumping into the tackle. Fine lines though.

Me n young lad still arguing that. Im with ref but young un adamant it should have been pen other way. Sexton was very cute with the block for the try but its sort of thing nz have gotten away with for years.

The biggest call of the game was the lack of a red card for Vunipola - that was premeditated.

And the fact the ref couldn't hear or chose to ignore the tmo...

I'm convinced that was going to be a recommended red.

The biggest call of the game was the lack of a red card for Vunipola - that was premeditated.

O'Brien not getting penalised for his swinging arm hit on Naholo(that forced him off with a head injury) was just as bad

And the fact the ref couldn't hear or chose to ignore the tmo...

I'm convinced that was going to be a recommended red.

He did it with SBW as well, could hear the TMO saying Jerome, Jerome as he walked back with the red card in hand.

Sbw, Mako and SOB. Will all likely have a wee trip to the sighting commissioner this week.

I don't think the ABs will be too upset if Vunipola gets away with it, he's a liability and also not very good. O'Brien was very fortunate.

I don't think the ABs will be too upset if Vunipola gets away with it, he's a liability and also not very good. O'Brien was very fortunate.

A ban puts Marler who is just a big a liability into the 23

He did it with SBW as well, could hear the TMO saying Jerome, Jerome as he walked back with the red card in hand.

I think the decisions were all correct; the worst challenge was the one that received the red card. I don't think there's any disputing that. Vunipola could have had two yellows, and the O'Brien was very hard to tell, so off to the commissioner he pops.

Vunipola clearly had the red mist, and should have been taken off. No great loss if he misses the final game as someone else said.

Archived