Tea or Dinner?

Romeo

Is your evening meal your "tea" or your "dinner"?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Romeo said:

^^^ Doing it right.

6 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

This guy kens the score 

For a change! I was beginning to think it might have just been a Weegie/West of Scotland thing for a minute there.

2 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Have you lot ever said 'I'm awa' for a Chippy Tea' or did ye always say chippy dinner or chippy supper ?

Normally I'd say I'm away to the chippy for a fish supper.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

For a change! I was beginning to think it might have just been a Weegie/West of Scotland thing for a minute there.

Normally I'd say I'm away to the chippy for a fish supper.

Aye that sounds right but if you were 'sitting in' ?

8 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I'd like to add to that the idiots who call a buttery a 'roll'. Also found in the North East.

Calling it a roll means you can spread butter on it.
Putting butter on a buttery means you are just a fat git.

Lunch is only between 12 and 2 pm.

Dinner can be the same as lunch, but only if you're at school or work or it is Christmas. Otherwise it's between 6 and 7pm.

Tea can be the same as the 6-7 definition of dinner, or can just be an afternoon snack of tea and biscuits. If it's the latter, it should properly be called "afternoon tea".

I think there is something called "high tea" too, but I've never had it. I think it's something women have.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Lunch is only between 12 and 2 pm.

Dinner can be the same as lunch, but only if you're at school or work or it is Christmas. Otherwise it's between 6 and 7pm.

Tea can be the same as the 6-7 definition of dinner, or can just be an afternoon snack of tea and biscuits. If it's the latter, it should properly be called "afternoon tea".

I think there is something called "high tea" too, but I've never had it. I think it's something women have.

From what I remember, it usually mean something simple (eg fish and chips) but served with bread and butter and cups of tea on the side. 

My missus often goes to afternoon tea. This is posh sandwiches, cake and prosecco, gin and tea.

Archived