Blast From The Past!

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Some of Gerry Anderson's shows without the puppets look interesting. Take UFO for example:

e3fb927e454694aef52af3390e6cd23a.jpg

(This is one of the non-NSFW images btw. Google will reveal more)

it looks like Rab C Nesbitt in Space to be honest...! 

On 23/02/2017 at 00:29, hellbhoy said:

He said he loved the character he played because he got to throw money about like it was confetti at times and got to treat people like shit to get money off him. I preferred the old UK wrestling because I didn't know any better and thought the wrestling was real.

Remember this guy? used to give me the fear as a nipper :lol:

v0_master.jpg

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

The Honda 70, or the "steppie" as they were known in Montrose.

honda-70-01.jpg

The head of maths at my secondary school had been there for years, and when he was a student teacher there he drove one of those and became known as Harry Honda. If he heard any mention of those two words together he would go into a near-apoplectic rage.

It's taken me the best part of a week to casually browse through this thread and it's been pretty great. As someone who grew up in the 90s and early 2000s it's been good to see the toys, music and TV shows of the day (and also the Food Giant, I loved being wheeled around in the trolley by my Dad as a nipper). 

One thing that always takes me back to Saturdays in the late 90s was being taken to the football by my Dad and Killie coming out the tunnel to this belter of a tune. I'm sure plenty of Killie fans of a similar age to me will remember this too!