Next Rangers Manager

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Aye, like an Aberdonian criticising someone else for not getting a round in, point taken.

Just saw the clip from BT sport of Kevin Thomson touting wee Bazza for the job, cringetastic. 

Just where did I criticise someone else for not getting a round in?

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope Ferguson would have the decency to turn it down if they were mad enough to offer him it for the sake of what collective dignity of everyone involved remained.

Anyhoo, I was thinking about this last night. The reasonable assumption can be made that Warburton and his team were open to leaving if the opportunity came up. The assumption can be made also that King or whoever is responsible for such decisions was considering getting rid of Warburton and his team and saw an opportunity to do so with a minimal amount of money being spent. Everybody wins.

Except getting rid of a manager purely because you want rid of him, or because you think it will be beneficial, doesn't work if the guy replacing him isn't any good. Is someone who just happened to be there, rather than someone targeted specifically. In their last year in the Premier League Wolves sacked Mick McCarthy around this time of year because they were in a relegation battle. McCarthy, who had extensive experience of relegation battles with Wolves, was replaced by... no-one. Former assistant manager Terry Connor was in charge until the end of the year. Wolves were relegated. Then next year they were relegated again.

Then again, it seems this sort of clueless ownership is reflective of Rangers currently, so I'm sure Barry will be dusting off his Carling-era training gear as we speak.

4 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

Yes

No

4 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

Yes

No

I have spoken Doric since I was one year old, and I still spik it. This is going well, I reply to a ridiculous post by a Celtic supporter that can't even put "Celtic" as the team he supports, and I get hounded by an Aberdeen supporter that can't see the humour in a fellow Doric speaking loon. Anyway getting back to the thread, can we start a petition to get Barry Ferguson as the next Rangers manager.

Archived