Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

cilitbang

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the tv, did Archie etc come over to the support or did he just trudge off down the tunnel? Will be disappointed if he didn't go over to the fans since they only had about 2 corners to shout about

I feel for the Thistle fans, that's a performance I recognise well from middling Aberdeen sides. Expectation, leading to disappointment. Their defence played pretty well, although I'd argue the ref was a bit lenient at times. Going forward though, very little confidence in themselves.

Shambles of a performance. Only Tomas Cerny can really come out of it with any credit from a Thistle point of view. The midfield 3 were particularly honking today, and Erskine & Doolan were anonymous as well.

It would have been a complete theft if Osman had scored that chance in injury time, as we deserved nothing from that game.

edit: pass marks for Cerny and no-one else, 3rd absolutely disgraceful exit from the Scottish cup in a row, not that we were ever favourites today but Aberdeen wont have an easier game all season.

We've had several easier games this season, I'd say today was one of the tougher ones.

We did what we had to do. A difficult and scrappy slog on a poor playing surface. Shinnie, McGinn, Considine and Lewis all played well. Stockley was better than Rooney. We made it harder for ourselves than it had to be by not killing the game off earlier, but Cerny deserves praise for some very good saves. Osman should have equalised for Thistle in stoppage time, but we deserved the win on the balance of play. It was a game I was concerned about beforehand, so just relieved to get through it. Glad we have avoided Celtic in the draw, too. 

A larger Thistle travelling contingent than I expected for a Sunday game live on the BBC; full credit to them, but I'm obviously happy that they didn't quite get the result they wanted!

Kinda glad I never got given the annual leave for this now - bad enough having to watch it inbetween doing a wee bit of work on the computer, but I'd be livid if I'd spent the time and money to go up to Aberdeen and saw us serve up that shite. Can play far, far better than that.

Cerny's save where it seemed as if he'd been caught flat-footed but recovered to *just* claw it away looked unbelievable, how on earth he was agile enough to get over to that side of the goal and get enough power behind his fingertips to clear it away us beyond me. Azeez losing his balance after some good work from Keown nearly got me the sack. Osman's chance at the end...

Congratulations to Aberdeen.

Kinda glad I never got given the annual leave for this now - bad enough having to watch it inbetween doing a wee bit of work on the computer, but I'd be livid if I'd spent the time and money to go up to Aberdeen and saw us serve up that shite. Can play far, far better than that.
Cerny's save where it seemed as if he'd been caught flat-footed but recovered to *just* claw it away looked unbelievable, how on earth he was agile enough to get over to that side of the goal and get enough power behind his fingertips to clear it away us beyond me. Azeez losing his balance after some good work from Keown nearly got me the sack. Osman's chance at the end...
Congratulations to Aberdeen.

It was only fifteen quid tbf. Cheap day hence decent turnout.
d13886b1a58fb197fff71f10125a314d.jpg

Archived