Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Perhaps even a timeout from posting until you've developed basic literacy skills and are old enough to make a comment that doesn't contain insults. 

Aye but he's by far the best Dumbarton poster, so do we really want to take McFadden out the team and replace him with Iwelumo?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Perhaps even a timeout from posting until you've developed basic literacy skills and are old enough to make a comment that doesn't contain insults. 

Who do you actually think you are, coming onto P&B and talking to the double DFC poster of the year like that?

Hilarious watching you backtrack from claiming a player "deliberately" injured a fellow pro

14 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

Aye but he's by far the best Dumbarton poster, so do we really want to take McFadden out the team and replace him with Iwelumo?

I like you a lot. 

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

1. £18 is more expensive than Somerset which at £17 is also excessive

2. Car park was full 20 minutes before kick off had to park in a pretty unsafe area and getting out wasn't very easy due to one road access.

3. Due to the crowd size today I was forced to sit at the far right hand side of the stand making viewing of the home nets difficult.

4. Pitch as stated was extremely poor,for both sides it has to be said.

1. I'm sure you can still have a shite at Glasgow Central for £1 so fair point.

2, Diddums

3. Far left hand side I think you mean.

4. Pitch was perfectly playable.

4 hours ago, untitled00 said:

In my defence i was trying too get an image of the Ayr jakey who'd snuck a can into a pub that's £2.50 for a pint... Not my fault the dad made it look creepy as f**k....

Log out and don't ever come back, you absolute weirdo.

Oh and how bad was garry harkins? No coincidence surely that ayr came into the game with some pace and purpose once he'd been subbed off.

He was awful but then he was played ridiculously out of position from the start of the game. When we were down to ten all his energies were used tracking back. When he did get the ball he tended to have four players around him.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Four points behind with a game in hand. IF McCall stops hindering us with his team selections then I fully believe we are better than you.

So if your manager stops managing you then you might get above us? Good luck with that.

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

I find it incredibly ironic that Sons supporters are calling us a gang, when we turned them over on our last visit it could have been 6 or 7 and I doubt they'd have complained.

Last time we played 120 minutes in midweek we were soundly thrashed by Morton a few days later. Not only did Dumbarton have that same advantage today, they also got to play with an extra man for 62 minutes. Incredible that they couldn't put us away, really.

Ayr fans have called us a gang after each game we've played against each other yet we sit comfortably above you in the table. Console yourself any way you like.

As for those who have resorted to slating our ground...

mou-laughing.jpg

30 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Oh and how bad was garry harkins? No coincidence surely that ayr came into the game with some pace and purpose once he'd been subbed off.

Wonder whether McCall considered putting Rose on for Harkins and moving Moore to the right at half time. Would think Moore could've offered a bit more energy out there.

This thread exploded a lot more than I thought it would before the game.

A truly remarkable and thrilling end to that game.

Thought we were holding our own before Docherty got sent off but Dumbarton were still the better team without creating anything I can remember off the top of my head. From then till half time they were still the better side but again didn't create much apart from the header that hit post then saved by Fleming.
IMO it was a red for Docherty but a daft and unnecessary tackle that didn't need to be made. It wasn't deliberate and I don't think it was bad enough that it could have caused Stirling serious injury.
The foul from the big number 5 that injured McDaid I thought warranted a booking at least. I don't think he tried to deliberately injure him but couldn't really help himself from falling on top of him.
The foul from Nade on Boyle (I think) could have easily seen him sent off and wasn't much better than the Docherty foul.

Second half I thought we started pretty well considering we were outnumbered but Dumbarton pretty much stopped that and asserted their control for the rest of the game.
The first goal was a great strike but we made it far too easy for him by allowing him to run through then standing off him.
Couldn't even tell you about the second goal as I missed it.
Thought Adams was immense today (especially in the second half) but the majority of our players weren't great today. Cairney, Harkins and Devlin were pretty poor today but Devlin redeemed himself by starting the attack for our equaliser.

Thought that the free kick was Roses goal was soft but justified and I'm pretty sure the penalty was the right decision as well.

Point gained for us there and I don't think I've been at an Ayr game and celebrated a late equaliser since Dochertys goal vs Stranraer with beach balls flying everywhere.

Archived