Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can only imagine what some fans would be saying had it been Cairney or Adams who made that tackle, but because it's Ross faultless Docherty the blinkers are on.

Straight red.

What is your issue with Docherty recently! Stupid yesterday but he has been a very good player for us.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Your whataboutery. It's not a red and, aside from being a foul, it's nothing like Docherty's. I think you're the only Ayr fan on here claiming otherwise.

It's a red and at no time have I claimed it's like Doc's other than saying they're both reds.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

He's stretching for the ball which takes him off the ground but you can't seriously say he's only looking to play the man there? It's a bog standard yellow card.

No, when Boyle takes control of the ball Nade is already off the ground and 2 feet from the ball, I'm not say Nade deliberately went for the man but he certainly didn't read the situation with regards to what Boyle was going to do correctly.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's a red and at no time have I claimed it's like Doc's other than saying they're both reds.

No, when Boyle takes control of the ball Nade is already off the ground and 2 feet from the ball, I'm not say Nade deliberately went for the man but he certainly didn't read the situation with regards to what Boyle was going to do correctly.

IMG_1487484795.747451.jpg

Are we talking about the same thing here?

Do you not think if that tackle was such a shocker and worthy of a red, the Ayr players would've been all over the ref much in the same way our players were for Dochertys red, especially seen as you were down to 10 men? Virtually none of the players close to that tackle react at all to it, everyone gets up and gets on with the game. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What is your issue with Docherty recently! Stupid yesterday but he has been a very good player for us.

Feel he's been a weak link recently. Last 4 games for example, extremely good v Hibs, very poor twice v Clyde and hee haw v Dumbarton. When consistent and playing well he's s joy to watch, but for me he's just not at it just now, has his head been turned by another club? Who knows, maybe this little break will rejuvenate him.

Roundly known as the soundest on the board m9

Unlike your hick, minter selves.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

50 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Forgivable if you haven't had a chance to see the thing again through the highlights. But if you watch it again you will see that most of what you say is completely incorrect. Nade was pretty close to getting the ball, Boyle never really has control of the ball in that he simply gets one touch and hits the ball forward. I didn't even think it was a certain booking never mind sending off.

ETA: S08 has cover it with his still image.

Look, can we just agree the red card was a red card and the Nade challenge probably wasn't.

Can we further agree that Dumbarton blew it big time.  Up against a team leg weary after 120 minutes of football on Tuesday, on a glue pot of a pitch, a team compromised by an early injury forcing us to switch our team around, further compromised by playing with 10 men for an hour, compromised further by having to play Craig Moore at right midfield until half time, then further compromised even furthererer by having to sub Farid at half time to put on a midfielder, then 2-0 down after 90 minutes....and you still couldn't beat us!!  

I still reckon Dumbarton can claim some kind of moral victory all the same.  

Archived