Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Iain are you from the 80s?

The fact he takes the ball literally does not matter. They won't appeal because they understand the laws of the game.

More the 90s. Maradona rode ten of those challenges in every game he played without complaining.

Definite red card unfortunately, also clearly only a booking for Nade.

What I would say is that Nade barged through the back of Harkins twice getting nowhere near the ball before this incident. It could quite clearly have been two yellows for these three incidents.

As an aside heard a few people saying recently that Nicky Devlin isn't trying, what a bizarre opinion.

I think we have had five or six must win games recently and not won a single one, another two coming up....

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Definite red card unfortunately, also clearly only a booking for Nade.

What I would say is that Nade barged through the back of Harkins twice getting nowhere near the ball before this incident. It could quite clearly have been two yellows for these three incidents.

As an aside heard a few people saying recently that Nicky Devlin isn't trying, what a bizarre opinion.

I think we have had five or six must win games recently and not won a single one, another two coming up....

Except neither of those were fouls, assuming we're thinking about the same incidents? 

...but the penalty wasn't. Adams was practically on the ground before he had anyone near him.

56169787951adbcb54fe680c00ff28db.jpg

Since we're taking stills from the match highlights here's Darren Barr making no attempt to win the ball, barging into a very much still upright Jamie Adams.

Except neither of those were fouls, assuming we're thinking about the same incidents? 

The first was right in front of me and he barged directly through the back of him. The second was at the Dumbarton end so will accept that could have been slightly different.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The first was right in front of me and he barged directly through the back of him. The second was at the Dumbarton end so will accept that could have been slightly different.

Sorry, I should have worded that better. I meant neither were given as fouls. Whether or not they were I can't remember, but I did think he'd blow for one.

Since we're taking stills from the match highlights here's Darren Barr making no attempt to win the ball, barging into a very much still upright Jamie Adams.

The more I watch it the more I think Adams was pushed over, never a dive. IMG-20170218-WA0026.jpg

That must rank as one of the most unbelievable "giveaways" of all time.

Docherty's challenge was a cowards tackle - saw his chance to go right through Stirling when the player had no chance to defend himself. Player should be ashamed of himself.

If Morton are signing Thomson on a pre contract begs the question about Andy Stirling. Best wide player I have seen this season in this division by a distance - outstanding.Cant believe teams are not looking at him.

9 hours ago, Iain said:

Red card looks the same to me as it did at the game, clearly plays the ball first.

I can understand you wouldn't like that if the tackle was directly at an opponent, but he's off to the side and only gets collected by the trailing leg.

Guessing they'll not appeal given he's arguably out of control and overly forceful.

8 hours ago, Hursty said:

I really dont see how Dochertys is a red. Watched it about a dozen times as well.

You're at it. That is an absolutely blatant red card. There's no debate to be had.

Sorry, I should have worded that better. I meant neither were given as fouls. Whether or not they were I can't remember, but I did think he'd blow for one.

Ahh right, yes. Being honest it would be an incredibly soft sending off if they were given as fouls but certainly could have been.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Ahh right, yes. Being honest it would be an incredibly soft sending off if they were given as fouls but certainly could have been.

Aye. If both had been given as fouls, and then he'd been booked for the Boyle one I think most of us would be commenting along the line of how stupid he was. Soft, probably, but needless.

Looked like Nade had pushed Harkins both times, thought both were fouls. The ref didn't.

More the 90s. Maradona rode ten of those challenges in every game he played without complaining.

He did indeed.

But we have to accept the game moves on. It's absolutely fine to not think it should be a red card offence - but to not think it is as the rules stand is just mental.

Also, crucial question. When an opponent dives in on an ayr player like that do you sit back and think - good tackle, he won the ball?

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The Dumbarton highlights catches the Jamie Adams reaction to the equaliser. I fucking love that guy when he plays like that, outstanding.

The wee chubby boy at the back tried to put Forrest off at the penalty at Somerset too.

Do the Ayr fans just think everyone is overweight?

Archived