Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

2 hours ago, untitled00 said:

In my defence i was trying too get an image of the Ayr jakey who'd snuck a can into a pub that's £2.50 for a pint... Not my fault the dad made it look creepy as f**k....

wan sad f**k you are

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it looks like several masks have slipped and the relegation fight has begun in earnest, both on the pitch and on here.

Last visit Ayr cuffed Dumbarton 3-0, and many fans subsequently wanted Aitken sacked and fully expected automatic relegation. Obviously things change over the course of a season. Today turned out not to be a good day for Dumbarton in the end, and however bad Ayr were just makes it a little bit worse.

Ayr obviously have some problems, and it's been a rather strange season, without a win since October yet without an away defeat since around that time too. As ever the league will be decided on the pitch and not by temper-tantrums on the internet.

For any Dumbarton fans making references to either 'bois' or 'boiz', that patter is on you and not the 'bois' or 'boiz' you're referring to. Additionally, Bring Back Paddy Flannery seems to be having a bit of an off night - calm doon a wee bit buddy, eh. Paddy Flannery definitely isn't coming back.

The sending-off absolutely had a bearing on the game. It would be near impossible for it not to at that stage in a game.

But the fact is that we outplayed and totally dominated Ayr today, who offered absolutely nothing until their last minute hurrah.

A gang as poor as that I don't recall visiting our place in a long time, and if you think you guys were anywhere near decent and your overall performance gives you real confidence of picking up the points you need over the coming weeks then I feel for you.

What I'll concede for sure though is that you've got a great spirit. To continue to the end with 10 men and get the result is great testament to that. But on how well you played, you were awful. We're certainly not world beaters, as evidenced today, but Ayr were truly terrible today, they just had a real spirit and kept going to the end.

I don't disagree with this tbf

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

So you are saying Gregor Buchanan "kept going as far through Declan McDaid as possible". I'm not sure what that means tbqh, and it sounds as if you don't either.

The highlights will be up sometime later so perhaps we will see which one of us knows what their talking about. In the meantime carry on with your spamming of the thread. 

Well that ending reversed the mood of all in the ground.

overall we were better before the sending off and then in control from then on.with the wind always a chance the 10 men can push forward and what we were discussing could happen at 1-0 did happen with the free kick. 

The trick of passing about against 10 men down the sides and back again was fine but the golden rule of this is don't lose the ball in a silly place and we did.

at the end of the game my thoughts were what impact those 3 minutes will have on the final placings in this division

personally if we get sucked back down to Ayr or st mirren I'll remember alan Martin chipping the ball out the park v Ayr.

thought Stanton and Stirling were excellent today .

heres a point that I hope I'm wrong about.

i know Vaughan only got a short shift but I can see why raith farmed him out and wonder what he can offer as season goes on.

for Ayr fans I think Adams was your bestie today and doesn't deserve the abuse you give him

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

No just facts, you need to face up to them...

fakt - a thing that is known or proved to be true.

14 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Btw what a crap hole that "stadium" was makes Methil seem quite nice. Don't know why you guys are not fully supportive of the new stadium as that place is appalling. Parking dreadful, cost excessive, view rubbish, capacity embarrassing! Must be the smallest capacity in Scotland.

Not quite sure how parking in a stadium car park can be dreadful, but there you are.

Entry Price:

Dumbarton: £18/9 P+C £24

Ayr United £17/10 U16s £5

Not quite sure what makes the view rubbish given it's pillar-less, but I'm sure you'll have a reason

Smallest stadium in Scotland? Well, no. Smallest in the league, not the smallest in the SPFL, and certainly not "the smallest capacity in Scotland"

Alternative facts AOTS in that post.

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

The highlights will be up sometime later so perhaps we will see which one of us knows what their talking about. In the meantime carry on with your spamming of the thread. 

I'm not being funny here but the fact that you genuinely believe one of our players landing on yours was a deliberate attempt to injure him marks you out as an oddball. Ross Docherty flew into a tackle and got a straight red today, but not for one minute did I think he was trying to injure Andy Stirling. 

I'm assuming you believe that Docherty tried to hurt him though, aye?

Considering not one single point you made was a 'fact' I will continue to ridicule you for the dribbling minter you are.

So £18 is not excessive to watch that level of football

The stadium situated down a one street access with very limited parking is fine is it

A crappy one stand stadium with limited views of the pitch is fine is it

Also don't get me started on the quality of the pitch! Farmers field or what?

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

Absolutely it is. I think every fan in this division would agree with that. Unfortunately it's a money game and so we charge pretty much the same as everyone else. 

The stadium situated down a one street access with very limited parking is fine is it

A crappy one stand stadium with limited views of the pitch is fine is it

Also don't get me started on the quality of the pitch! Farmers field or what?

1. We charge a similar price to everyone else in the league. Including yourselves. Whether or not that is value for money is a different matter.

2. Did you have issues accessing and leaving the stadium today? We've managed to host Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Dundee amongst many others with no issues so I'd be surprised if you experienced some.

3. Limited views? What limited your view? There are no beams, nor are any seats situated within the stand that would limit your view.

4. Our pitch wasn't looking great today but overall it has been entirely fine all this season, all last season, all the season before etc etc etc.

Basically the above confirms you don't deal in facts, you deal in knicker wetting tripe. Please feel free to respond so I can continue to poke holes in you're awful attempts at 'facts'.

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'm not being funny here but the fact that you genuinely believe one of our players landing on yours was a deliberate attempt to injure him marks you out as an oddball. Ross Docherty flew into a tackle and got a straight red today, but not for one minute did I think he was trying to injure Andy Stirling. 

Dochertys challenge was reckless but there was a ball there to be had. The initial challenge from Buchanan there was also a ball there to be won. This was cleared and he could have stopped quite easily but chose to land on top of McDaid. If there was no ball there to be won then what was his intention? 

I find it incredibly ironic that Sons supporters are calling us a gang, when we turned them over on our last visit it could have been 6 or 7 and I doubt they'd have complained.

Last time we played 120 minutes in midweek we were soundly thrashed by Morton a few days later. Not only did Dumbarton have that same advantage today, they also got to play with an extra man for 62 minutes. Incredible that they couldn't put us away, really.

36 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

It is the smallest capacity in Scotland but it's pretty high up the occupancy rate. More embarrassing is clubs with 10,000 seats which are rarely more than a fifth full. These stadiums were all built by the company owned by...........who was that again? And why do Ayr Utd have a stadium untroubled by modernisation for several decades?

would rather have oor shithole than that thing of yours

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Dochertys challenge was reckless but there was a ball there to be had. The initial challenge from Buchanan there was also a ball there to be won. This was cleared and he could have stopped quite easily but chose to land on top of McDaid. If there was no ball there to be won then what was his intention? 

:huh: But, as you yourself admit, the ball was there to be one won (Good job that I'm not in a job where spelling is importa...oh dear). So that's a pretty painfully irrelevant point. 

I don't even know where to go with this post to be honest. "He chose to land on top of McDaid" seems like a decent place. Given he fell from about 2 feet in the air I highly doubt "he chose" to land anywhere. 

The incident with mcdaid was right in front of me and I can assure you it was a little naughty. He knew he was going to land on him and certainly didn't try to avoid injuring the lad.

It wasn't malicious or anything just a wee sly one.

Whether or not that caused the actual injury I don't know. Mcdaid could've twisted his ankle before the heavy landing but there definitely something in it.

Just now, pandarilla said:

The incident with mcdaid was right in front of me and I can assure you it was a little naughty. He knew he was going to land on him and certainly didn't try to avoid injuring the lad.

It wasn't malicious or anything just a wee sly one.

Whether or not that caused the actual injury I don't know. Mcdaid could've twisted his ankle before the heavy landing but there definitely something in it.

But as I said above I'm not really sure what you could do avoid landing on him. Well, short of not ending up in the air in the first place.

A wee nod to the ragazzi lads who kept singing 'it's a heartache' at the darkest, bleakest point in the second half.

It fitted with the mood of the time but also (and I'm pushing it here) encapsulated the never-say-die spirit of the players on the park.

1. We charge a similar price to everyone else in the league. Including yourselves. Whether or not that is value for money is a different matter.

2. Did you have issues accessing and leaving the stadium today? We've managed to host Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Dundee amongst many others with no issues so I'd be surprised if you experienced some.

3. Limited views? What limited your view? There are no beams, nor are any seats situated within the stand that would limit your view.

4. Our pitch wasn't looking great today but overall it has been entirely fine all this season, all last season, all the season before etc etc etc.

Basically the above confirms you don't deal in facts, you deal in knicker wetting tripe. Please feel free to respond so I can continue to poke holes in you're awful attempts at 'facts'.

1. £18 is more expensive than Somerset which at £17 is also excessive

2. Car park was full 20 minutes before kick off had to park in a pretty unsafe area and getting out wasn't very easy due to one road access.

3. Due to the crowd size today I was forced to sit at the far right hand side of the stand making viewing of the home nets difficult.

4. Pitch as stated was extremely poor,for both sides it has to be said.

Archived