Irn-Bru Cup Final - Dundee United vs St Mirren

lionel hutz

Final Venues  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

You've not paid for yours yet emoji14.png

Fair point - and I don't even have it yet.

Let's just say I was dabbling in the futures market..........

Pubs near the ground? I know it's a bit of a hike from the town centre from what I remember from my last Well away day. Is the Motherwell supporters bar open?

Jack Daniels is where all the cool kids go. Ten minute walk from ground.

Pretty sure there is a wee bowling club near the ground too, or there was last time I was there.

Seen we have sold 4500 tickets for this where as United have sold 2000. We have the geographical advantage and are in much better form, the atmosphere at away games has been superb. The fans getting right behind the team now, seems to be the polar opposite at United? 

9 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

2000 tickets emoji38.png

And people wanted the game at Easter Road emoji38.png

I agree, it's a shocker. OK I get that most Utd fans aren't interested in this and it is a Diddy cup. We're not exactly at fever pitch for this either. I thought beforehand that if we sold 5,000 we'd be doing well so it's nice to see we're there or thereabouts with regards to that amount. 

I think we will probably end up selling about 3,000 tickets. No doubt if we were doing a little better (and the kick-off/venue was a bit more suitable) we would have shifted more but I do think it is a bit of a minter that we have sold so few. Realistically it should be around the 5,000 mark at the very least.

I'm hoping we can win this and use it as a springboard for the remaining league games but the reality will be quite different (I fully expect a massive shitehouse of a performance that ends in defeat).

Archived