The Meh SuperClassico 25/2/17

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delighted I decided to move house instead of going to this. Is it the usual home performance against bottom feeders?

Essentially. Lose a crazy goal early on and do nothing for the next 20 minutes. Slight rally towards the end but not good enough.

System doesn't look ideal but doesn't help that the central midfield three have made so many errors and we're just lamping it over their heads most of the time.

However, the subs bench is bare and the options for going back to our usual set up are limited. Coulson/Thomson for Scobbie, revert to usual back four and have Wotherspoon left, C/T right in a 4-4-2? Not convinced that would be any better.

We need to hold the ball better up front and allow Alston to come into the game but that just isn't happening.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Delighted I decided to move house instead of going to this. Is it the usual home performance against bottom feeders?

Possibly worse. All over the shop with the system, basics poor and literally nothing positive to take from it. So disappointing with what's at stake.

On 2/23/2017 at 15:19, The Real Saints said:

Meh Derby memory #3

At a very specific point in the match, somebody kicked the ball into the air. Kilmarnock's Kris Boyd attempted to head the ball, but St. Johnstone's Joe Shaughnessy leapt like a salmon (definitely not like Conor Sammon though, AMIRITE?!)*.

*As we get closer to the day of the big match, I've decided to inject a bit of humour into the traditionally fact-orientated 'Meh Derby memories'. In this case, it's a light-hearted jibe at Kilmarnock loanee Conor Sammon. Despite being a big man, he is relatively immobile and hopeless.

Oh ya fucker :thumsup2:lol:

Killie will rightfully be chuffed with that but by Christ, Saints were horrendous. In a litany of bogging home performances this season, that was maybe the worst. I know the squad was low on numbers but those selected had to produce better than that, albeit they were hamstrung by the 3-5-2 system.

In both games in Perth, Killie's work ethic and desire has won the day. They played fine today but the most impressive aspect was how hard they all worked for each other, which was evident under Lee Clark as well.

We'll no doubt turn up and produce something at Ibrox now but the manager really needs to get to the bottom of these home blues.

An absolute fucking nightmare. Incompetent performance. My dad didn't hear his happy birthday shout-out at half time. And now, just realised that the lady at the ticket office has fucked up my tickets for the Rangers match. She's ripped off both parts of my dad's concession tickets and our seats aren't even together. Don't know when/if I'll be able to get to McDiarmid before Wednesday. An unmitigated disaster. Just kill me now.

14 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

An absolute fucking nightmare. Incompetent performance. My dad didn't hear his happy birthday shout-out at half time. And now, just realised that the lady at the ticket office has fucked up my tickets for the Rangers match. She's ripped off both parts of my dad's concession tickets and our seats aren't even together. Don't know when/if I'll be able to get to McDiarmid before Wednesday. An unmitigated disaster. Just kill me now.

Don't think anyone is in the mood to sympathize or help you? 

No mehmory image, no care about you

Don't care, what's your favourite mehmory from this one?

Archived