Dundee v Partick Thistle

This will be the 200th league meeting between these two fine institutions of Scottish Football. I can't seem to put my hands on the head to head statistics though...

Thank you.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea how accurate this is. Came from Soccerway. 

Tables Dundee Partick Thistle
  Total Home Away Total Home Away
Matches played 50 25 25 50 25 25
Wins 23 12 11 13 5 8
Draws 14 5 9 14 9 5
Losses 13 8 5 23 11 12
Goals for 62 32 30 47 21 26
Goals against 47 26 21 62 30 32
Points 83 41 42 53 24 29

Not sure what happened to the other 150 games... 

I reckon Partick will sneak 6th place. The head to head records are huge and they've currently taken 6/6 obviously.

A win here would help us alot though and put it down to a straight fight for that 6th spot.

Same team again, hopefully we get a decent crowd in.

Thank you.

I think Dundee will pip us to the 6th spot tbh. If we're to get top 6 we'd need to be clear in 6th spot with a couple of games to go with Celtic (a), Motherwell (h) and Rangers (a) as our last 3 before the split. We'll completely shite ourselves if we go into the game at Ibrox knowing a result would get us top 6.

18 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Park at the top of Dens Road near Willie Frews, facing up the hill, 

10 minutes ago, Stephenrfc said:

I would try litlle streets running off provost road rite next to dens. Google map it provost road dundee dd3.

Cheers!

32 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think Dundee will pip us to the 6th spot tbh. If we're to get top 6 we'd need to be clear in 6th spot with a couple of games to go with Celtic (a), Motherwell (h) and Rangers (a) as our last 3 before the split. We'll completely shite ourselves if we go into the game at Ibrox knowing a result would get us top 6.

This.  I can see it now.  We'll lose to Celtic, beat Motherwell, leaving us with our fate in our own hands going to Ibrox.  Then we'll get beat by a very average Rangers side and do our usual bottom 6 routine.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I reckon Partick will sneak 6th place. The head to head records are huge and they've currently taken 6/6 obviously.

A win here would help us alot though and put it down to a straight fight for that 6th spot.

Same team again, hopefully we get a decent crowd in.

Thank you.

Who are you thanking? I see this on loads of your posts. Is this a Dundee thing, are you all just really polite?

32 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think we've both got the same sort of opponents overall before the end of the season on the balance of things, I'm not really sure I'd read too much into specific fixtures at this stage.

Got a wee feeling Killie might actually take it. Thought they looked quite decent at Dens and they are playing a fragile Motherwell side on Wednesday while we'll cut each others throats. Think three of us will break free from the bottom 4.

Who are you thanking? I see this on loads of your posts. Is this a Dundee thing, are you all just really polite?

Don't trouble yourself with these things. Once you go down the derry rabbit hole you'll be as fucked as Jagfox.

I'm probably in the minority here but I think I'd drop Wighton and bring in Williams for this one. Not because of poor performances (as Wighton has been excellent in the last couple of games) but more to give Holt more cover. Their wing backs, especially Doumbaya, like to get forward and have a lot of pace and I think it will be important to have someone in front of Holt who can help out defensively and I think Williams will give better protection in there. 

We should be okay on the right side as long as we go with Kerr and O'Hara but I can't see that changing. Just hope Hartley doesn't go 3 at the back to counter their formation.

27 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Also, watching the Thistle highlights on Sportscene last night and the state of that fucking pitch:unsure: 

Thankfully we're at home so our free flowing Barca style of football won't be affected by said shitey pitch.

So we can expect a welcoming surface conducive to playing our beautiful passing game m9? Thank you.

This will be the 200th league meeting between these two fine institutions of Scottish Football. I can't seem to put my hands on the head to head statistics though... Thank you.

Are you sure it's the 200th league meeting? The site I'm looking on (f**k knows if it's accurate) has us played 204 times against each other with 7 of they games coming in the cup.

Dundee - 85

Draws - 52

Partick - 69

http://www.footymad.net/head-to-head/dundee/vs/partick-thistle/

Edit: rubber what I posted, only goes up to 15/16 season but now updated with this seasons results.

Just now, Moo said:

Are you sure it's the 200th league meeting? The site I'm looking on (f**k knows if it's accurate) has us played 204 times against each other with 7 of they games coming in the cup.

Dundee - 85
Draws - 52
Partick - 67

http://www.footymad.net/head-to-head/dundee/vs/partick-thistle/

It was someone on the Thistle forum. I usually go by statto.com but can't get on it.  He was saying 84 Dee wins and 65 Thistle wins, I like your stats better :lol:

Archived