Ayr Utd vs Raith Rovers

49 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Thought I'd have a wee read of this thread given its potential impact on Saints.

Took me several pages before I realised it wasn't a windup and Raith started the game without a goalkeeper.

What the actual feck!!!

Without actually knowing anything about the game, does it not seem a bit worrying (for Ayr) that Ayr only scored one goal?

And it was a Pars reject that scored too. 

I think raith fans should send flowers and a thank you card to Cowdenbeath, if it wasn't for them raith would be the worst team in Fife. :lol:

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going by the highlights, that was by some margin, Ryan Stevenson's best game for Raith.

The penalty shout at the end did look like it might have been valid, but so did Ayr's from earlier in the half, so fair enough.

The chances Hardie has missed there are pretty criminal though. It's infuriating when he has a clear sight at goal, but rather than shoot, he cuts back into a crowd of players. He does it constantly.

I don't say this lightly, and I'm not saying the two teams are like-for-like as they aren't, but if Rovers do go down this season, then I'd say the campaign is right up there with Anelka's in terms of complete and utter tomfoolery.

7 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Still baffled as to why Raith ended up in this position.  Listening to Hughes on sport sound, it wasn't that they couldn't get a keeper, more they couldn't get one of an acceptable standard.  

Surely even that clatty b*****d in the juniors who got sent off for having a slash behind the goals is a better keeper than Ryan Stevenson?

That's a minter of a statement

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

Callaghan and Davo were comfortably our worst players tonight.

Presumably paired together in the middle? A combination Stevie Wonder can see does not, and never will, work. 

7 hours ago, Shibuya said:

What's going on with McManus, he used to be a good player??

McManus has never ever been a good player at this level.

Callachan is becoming really fucking annoying. The amount of times every game he takes shots from distance to no avail is disgraceful.

First decision to do before even thinking about the goalkeeper would be to get Davidson the f**k out of that midfield.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

McManus has never ever been a good player at this level.

Callachan is becoming really fucking annoying. The amount of times every game he takes shots from distance to no avail is disgraceful.

First decision to do before even thinking about the goalkeeper would be to get Davidson the f**k out of that midfield.

Decision making and immaturity has ALWAYS been Callaghans problem. I think all of his goals come from inside the box but he thinks he is Steven Gerrard from 20 yards. Davo and him are very similar and don't seem to work together.  However it is Callaghan I would drop .

I don't care about his work rate. I don't care if he covers every blade of grass. It's all irrelevant when hever gives up cheap possession or launches it into the stand while others are in good positions. 

Callachan has a lot more to offer in midfield than Davidson, who has always been a jobber in there. The only 'quality' people were ever able to point to with him in midfield were that he worked hard and got stuck in - well, his legs have now gone and he doesn't seem to do anything at all now. Callachan, for his flaws, is a lot calmer in possession and doesn't encourage panicky play by attempting to get rid of it as soon as he receives it. 

However, I absolutely agree about the shooting. He is fucking useless at it and it's infuriating that he hasn't accepted this yet. 

Ultimately, both players are part of a failing side and should probably be dropped next week, but I'd put Matthews in for Davidson first. 

After receiving quite a bit of stick in recent weeks, I must say well done Ian McCall. Starting line up, game plan & subs all spot on.

Special mention also to Alan Forrest, thought he had a great game after not much playing time recently.

Ps how slow is El-Alagui? Genuinely doesn't look like he's capable of sprinting. Can't play up top on his own!

Honestly don't know what's more emabarrassing; the fact that Rovers couldn't find one keeper on the planet to play for them last night or that Ayr could only score once against Ryan fucking Stevenson.
Pair of absolute diddies.

Have to agree. Congratulations on becoming the 'best' team in Fife again. Even though The Pars are still pretty shite.

After receiving quite a bit of stick in recent weeks, I must say well done Ian McCall. Starting line up, game plan & subs all spot on.

Special mention also to Alan Forrest, thought he had a great game after not much playing time recently.

Ps how slow is El-Alagui? Genuinely doesn't look like he's capable of sprinting. Can't play up top on his own!

I thought wee Forrest looked sharp in the highlights. Definitely something that has been lacking.

Saturday matters not a f**k. A bonus match and just stick out our defensive, hard to beat team.

But after that we need to build on last night. Pace and creativity, youngsters, it could be turning round. Just getting the bloody monkey off the back will be a huge relief.

Very quickly last night it looked like all the goalie stuff was making it harder for us. That could've been absolutely humiliating but hook or by crook...job done.

Now let's get behind the team.

Because it will bankrupt us.

No, it won't. Home crowds will stay the same or probably increase with a winning team (assuming we can get a team who knows what a win is).

Relegation would be a boot in the baws but it wouldn't finish the club. Behave yourself.

21 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Rusty doesn't do multiquote, because...

Don't know.

Is it:

A. Because he is desperate to up his number of posts?

B. Because is an attention seeker?

C. Because he is being a knob?

Either way, red dot him for every one, he'll soon learn.

10 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Why?

Debt we carry,lack of investment in the club,ever dwindling crowds in the lower division,part time football( prob not a bad thing),fear we could be stuck down their or even further for a lengthy period and so on

Archived