Ayr Utd vs Raith Rovers

Don't know.
Is it:
A. Because he is desperate to up his number of posts?
B. Because is an attention seeker?
C. Because he is being a knob?
Either way, red dot him for every one, he'll soon learn.

It's D, all of above. He's already had a temporary ban because of it so I can't see red dots having any effect.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Debt we carry,lack of investment in the club,ever dwindling crowds in the lower division,part time football( prob not a bad thing),fear we could be stuck down their or even further for a lengthy period and so on

Ever dwindling crowds? The home crowds are always around the 1200 mark and that's with us being utter shite. If we were winning games regularly, even in a lower league, crowds would probably rise.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's D, all of above. He's already had a temporary ban because of it so I can't see red dots having any effect.

The fact he even responded to those posts, absolutely boggin' patter man. Strange lad. 

First off, well done Ayr in difficult circumstances for everyone, however it appears to have been glossed over that we were also missing our entire first choice Midfield last night through both injuries and suspension. Secondly the fact we only scored one goal against an outfield player surely doesn't have any bearing on the fact that the Raith outfield players failed to score against a very poor and weakened Ayr side, nobody can blame Ryan Stevenson being in goals for that ??

Having said that I do acknowledge that we rode our luck at times and Raith missed a few sitters but as previously mentioned we are rubbish and we were significantly weakened last night.

Moving on to McCall & Balatoni, again I can understand their frustration, however they should surely understand ours. The football we are playing is really terrible to watch, there's very little to get excited about, the players don't always look like they're giving anything even close to 100% and apart from all that people are paying the best part of £50 to watch 2 games a week when taking in to account travelling, food, programme etc. It's not cheap and many people are struggling, so maybe they should show a little understanding when criticizing the guys who actually pay their wages.

Anyway, an extremely valuable 3 points and another small step towards safety.......

I'm a bit unconvinced about the claim that nobody is giving 100%, when I look at Conrad Balatoni playing for Ayr, what I see is a guy that is giving everything he has and doing his job very, very well. I can understand his personal frustration at the boos and abuse because he doesn't deserve it, but he's being let down consistently by abject performances from others around him. Devlin is another who, even when off form, should absolutely not be receiving pelters considering what he has done for the club and the fact that he turned down the top flight to stay with us.

Reflecting on the game last night, we were brutal but Raith did a good job of protecting Stevenson as much as possible. Having a midfielder in nets doesn't make a defence easier to break down, if anything it makes it harder. Our goal would have been a goal even if Cuthbert was in nets for Raith, nothing to do with Stevenson, and occured on one of the few occasions that Raith's defence fell asleep. What's important is that we take some confidence from this and push on.

I see the SPFL are giving it to Raith both barrels.  Basically saying that it was they had plenty of avenues open to them to get a keeper and chose to seek a postponement instead.  The more you hear about this debacle, the more I think Raith were masters of their own downfall.  

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Don't know.

Is it:

A. Because he is desperate to up his number of posts?

B. Because is an attention seeker?

C. Because he is being a knob?

Either way, red dot him for every one, he'll soon learn.

Should have been three posts imo

I don't doubt that both Balatoni and Devlin are giving their all, however as Captain and Senior Pro the both of them should perhaps be venting their frustration at their team mates rather than the folk paying their wages. I blindly followed for years and rarely got on my own teams back, however there's nothing worse than seeing some of your own players swanning around the pitch portraying the attitude of "if it happens, it happens", I also fully appreciate that times have changed and very few players have any love for their clubs and just see it as a job, however that's when I also believe that the fans are fully entitled to give them both barrels as it were........

There's a certain irony in that Stevenson is exactly the type of player we could have done with in the team last night, someone capable of peppering shots in from 25 yards or so at every opportunity!

Right, obviously, having an outfielder in goal is a clear advantage to the attacking side but I was wondering if it would make the attacking side play worse?

Would you be so determined to pepper the goal with shots you don't play to your usual game? Would ye then noticing yourself hurrying to get the ball forward/shoot on sight and then try and do the opposite and over simplify everything? Would the usual position of the guy in goal even enter yer mind when yer in midfield or running down the wing?

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Right, obviously, having an outfielder in goal is a clear advantage to the attacking side but I was wondering if it would make the attacking side play worse?

Would you be so determined to pepper the goal with shots you don't play to your usual game? Would ye then noticing yourself hurrying to get the ball forward/shoot on sight and then try and do the opposite and over simplify everything? Would the usual position of the guy in goal even enter yer mind when yer in midfield or running down the wing?

Well that definitely didn't happen! There were lots of shouts of 'shoooot' every time we got near their net, and the players just seemed to be determined not to! In fairness, as I said previously, Raith defended well and in plenty of numbers, which meant that we often couldn't get close enough to get a realistic chance of a shot.

That being said, we had 2 free kicks from about 25 yards and a few corners, none of which got remotely near Stevenson, which was just ridiculous tbh.

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

We were still just pish it never really mattered.

39 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't doubt that both Balatoni and Devlin are giving their all, however as Captain and Senior Pro the both of them should perhaps be venting their frustration at their team mates rather than the folk paying their wages. I blindly followed for years and rarely got on my own teams back, however there's nothing worse than seeing some of your own players swanning around the pitch portraying the attitude of "if it happens, it happens", I also fully appreciate that times have changed and very few players have any love for their clubs and just see it as a job, however that's when I also believe that the fans are fully entitled to give them both barrels as it were........

Thought nicky's roar thing was credit to the man. He's trying everything to try and get it going man must have been a bit of a neck trying to do it to zero interest but he still did it. This is a fantastic ambassador for our club I totally rate the gestures he does, the messages of community support he involves himself with. He's allegedly spat out a response in a stressful environment. I'd hate to think that's how some people are going to remember him as he approaches the twilight of his Ayr appearances. Nothing to see here

I'm attempting to play Devils advocate over this one. Personally I think ND is our best player and there's no doubt that he does give his all in every single match, there's also little doubt that he could step up a level so again I acknowledge that we are really lucky to have him. My argument was more based around how as Captain if he's getting frustrated he should be shouting at the dumplings round about him rather than the fans who have every right to be annoyed, not so much at him, but at the teams performance and some of the players attitudes. I can also understand how he does take it personally and I can also understand how he's getting frustrated at the dissent because he is most definitely giving his all.

As you say though, nothing to see as this is just football and this type of thing happens regularly at all clubs.

In terms of a footballing spectacle, last night was about as bad as it gets. You can see why those two teams are struggling.

Having said that, I've seen a lot lot worse from us this season, and compared to Saturday that was like watching Barcelona.

With regards to Stevenson, the back line protected him well. He also made two really really good saves. The one from Farid in the first minute was exceptional. It would have been a very different game had that gone in.

We, of course, were also missing our full first choice midfield, once Cairney went off. But, I thought everyone did OK. Thought the only 'poor' performance was Brian Gilmour. He's been off the pace for weeks now.

Hopefully that's a catalyst with the monkey being off our back. I don't expect us to play silky football but at least last night there was a bit more dig about us. They had some decent chances but failed to take them. The only time we put a dangerous cross in the box, we scored. Never mind peppering the goal with shots, we should've been flooding the box for crosses. Stevo showed he can save a shot, but there was no way he could've dealt with crosses.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Honestly don't know what's more emabarrassing; the fact that Rovers couldn't find one keeper on the planet to play for them last night or that Ayr could only score once against Ryan fucking Stevenson.

Pair of absolute diddies.

spot on

Archived