Pars v Doonhamers

44 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He probably did, hopefully he continues to do it.

It's bad enough when opposition fans do it but for a host club employee to do it is frankly an embarrassment to that club. Anyway a draw with the Fars was ok I suppose but it was a poor game. Our defence lacks confidence and composure.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's bad enough when opposition fans do it but for a host club employee to do it is frankly an embarrassment to that club.

I genuinely couldn't care less how he pronounced your nickname tbh. Nor would I guess is any Pars fan, chances are I've been pronouncing your nickname wrong my whole life, I doubt I'll bother changing that either.

Suck it up doonhammers.

Guest Flash
13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We never win fixtures like this - midweek away in the League.

I make it 3 points out of 27 over the last 4 seasons. 

Guest Flash
5 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

When was the last time we won a midweek gane ?

In the league, I think it was the 6-0 against Brechin to clinch the seaside league title on 27 March 2013.

In this division, I think it was 29 March 2011 at Stirling Albion.

Eta midweek away games. We have won midweek home games eg v Rangers and Hibs.

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

Awful nice of you to fatally sabotage each other's gormless "play-off push"; enjoy your 9/10 meaningless games respectively. 

Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e1473948670792_300x450_acf_cropped.jpg

Having 9/10 meaningless games at the end of the season is good tbh, would certainly have taken that at the start of the season. Enjoy losing the first round of the playoffs and returning to mid-table obscurity next season.

The announcer clearly knows very little about football tbf, hence the "Joseph Thomson" and "Dominic Thomas"

awful game of football, linesman on the NW side was laughably bad. Couple of decent chances towards the end but a draw probably fair, need to see Rankin's tackle again but my first instinct was red.

Yet another shitey 1-1 draw at home, good to see AJ actually making changes though tbf.

I'm glad we must have been less awful than on Saturday, but the result is of no real use.

I'm afraid we really are looking at pretty meaningless games until about August.

If our horrendous spell from October to January had just been unbelievably bad, as opposed to epically cataclysmically dreadful, our season would still be alive.

But it wasn't, so it's not.

Wow! I've clearly upset you at some point eh? :lol:

Not really. Just find it amusing that your championship contending side couldn't dispose of our makeshift starting 11. The way you were going on I fully expected a 4-0 hammering tonight.

12 minutes ago, Flash said:

In the league, I think it was the 6-0 against Brechin to clinch the seaside league title on 27 March 2013.

In this division, I think it was 29 March 2011 at Stirling Albion.

Eta midweek away games. We have won midweek home games eg v Rangers and Hibs.

Even the Brechin one was sort of on neutral territory, rather than genuinely 'away', although it obviously counted as an away fixture.

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm glad we must have been less awful than on Saturday, but the result is of no real use.

I'm afraid we really are looking at pretty meaningless games until about August.

If our horrendous spell from October to January had just been unbelievably bad, as opposed to epically cataclysmically dreadful, our season would still be alive.

But it wasn't, so it's not.

The other way to look at it is that if we had kept the same players, that spell would have lasted beyond January and we would have gone straight down.

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

The other way to look at it is that if we had kept the same players, that spell would have lasted beyond January and we would have gone straight down.

Yeah, that's true.

I just think that even if we'd got four or five points more during that run, it would still have been crap and would still have made a compelling case for bringing in new players, but we wouldn't be so far adrift of having a real purpose.

It is what it is though and Saturday would have gone a long way towards thwarting any residual hope anyway, even if we'd been a bit closer to the teams above beforehand.

Awful nice of you to fatally sabotage each other's gormless "play-off push"; enjoy your 9/10 meaningless games respectively. 
Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e1473948670792_300x450_acf_cropped.jpg

Quite content with being mid table nobodies.

Pretty poor game all round and draw a fair result, not sure how both brownlie and rankin got away with their challenges, brownlies being particularly poor.

Draw was fair but nervy at the end when we did our traditional retreat and let them come at us.

Dom Thomas seems to have lost his shooting boots, he had at least 3/4 good chances and either passed to someone not expecting it or sent it into row Z.

Although both teams guilty of wasted passes, we could hear the groans of the Pars fans when one of them helpfully passed it out the park. Although our tendency to play head-tennis and hope for the best didn't work much either.

And Robinson's long balls to Dykes on the left weren't working, how about a bit of variety? 

This exciting battle for 5th place is really hotting up.....

Just in from the game. Poor fair.

I thought Pars started pretty brightly but we managed to eventually drag them down to our level.

Our defending for the first goal, deary me.

Rankin looked lucky to stay on.

Classic moment first half when the assistant ref missed Hamill running the ball out of play- it was clearly out. He then gave us a throw moments later to absolute seethe from the Pars fans on that side. Quality stuff.

Two poor challenges, two dreadful goals from a defensive point of view, two awful decisions by the linesman on the North Side and two bridies for me pre-match (although they were pretty lukewarm and definitely had the feel of a "let's reheat Saturday's unsold batch about them). Two points dropped.

Archived