Pars v Doonhamers

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

As you say that was another conceded goal in the "horrendous category".

Despite the fact that Dowie and Higgy have both been disappointing this season I still prefer them as our defensive partnership over any combination with Brownlie.

I honestly don't know which permutation of two from the three I prefer.

It really doesn't seem to matter.  We still keep seeing the same things.  Your preferred combination started against Dundee United in the Challenge Cup and between them sealed defeat within eleven minutes.  I don't think there's an answer with our current personnel.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think we can all agree though our midweek record is significantly worse than our form generally over the last decade or so. There must be some reason behind it.

It is weird.

There seemed to be logic there in the part-time days, but they're long gone.  Travel is no explanation for the particularly bad away record in midweek games either, given that most of the players will have a longer trip for home matches.

It's one of those things that's becoming self fulfilling; though having said that I doubt if players or management are even aware of how the pattern looks.

Brownlie bombscare how many list count of goals we have conceded from poor decision/defending he has cost Queens this season. 3 centre halfs needed pronto. Robinson was very slow to come meet ball too, time Atkinson was given a game he has waited for his moment and that is now. Naysmith must have a look at him before deciding on keeper for next season.

I don't remember Clark missing any open goal?

As I expected tbh. The two commentators were woeful. I think he hit the post but those two were going on as if it that was a harder accomplishment than actually scoring.

36 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Brownlie bombscare how many list count of goals we have conceded from poor decision/defending he has cost Queens this season. 3 centre halfs needed pronto. Robinson was very slow to come meet ball too, time Atkinson was given a game he has waited for his moment and that is now. Naysmith must have a look at him before deciding on keeper for next season.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

As I expected tbh. The two commentators were woeful. I think he hit the post but those two were going on as if it that was a harder accomplishment than actually scoring.

Yep, I watched the ball bounce in front of Moffat so slowly that, if I hadn't been sitting so far back in the stand, I would have had a go at charging it down myself. Tbh in this second spell I can't believe Lee Robinson is going to be a goalkeeping coach.

I thought that Pars move was one of the best of the game and Clark connected with the ball really well and was unlucky he didn't win the game with a terrific shot. They are talking p!sh.

Meant to say, fair play to the hardy bunch of away fans at the game on Tuesday. Not a chance in hell I'd have made the trip to Palmerston in similar circumstances.

Would second that. How many were there officially? Given our rotten performance on Sat and the fact it was now a pretty meaningless tie, I take my hat off to those that travelled.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Meant to say, fair play to the hardy bunch of away fans at the game on Tuesday. Not a chance in hell I'd have made the trip to Palmerston in similar circumstances.

Yes hats off to those up from Dumfries. I was there but it`s only a 45 minute drive for me and even then I was in 2 minds about going.

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I swear if you warm up right in front of me on Saturday Gav, I'm chucking my empty 20/20bottle right off your pus.

Upset are we, you gonna take in both games Paisley to Greenock in record time?

When Reilly comes on fans actually sigh, can't think of many players who give that reaction.

Even the likes of big Bart or Hristov had something to offer. He's up there with Simmons and Jamie Mole.

He has talent but there's something seriously wrong that he isn't doing it for us.

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

When Reilly comes on fans actually sigh, can't think of many players who give that reaction.

Even the likes of big Bart or Hristov had something to offer. He's up there with Simmons and Jamie Mole.

He has talent but there's something seriously wrong that he isn't doing it for us.

Hristov was a fucking waster. A disgrace of a player.

Tarachulski scored at Motherwell, so has the same number of league goals for us as Reilly/Hawk.

Also, whisper it, Simmons did quite a bit for us when he was arsed. Far more than all of the named players combined. In fact

For much of his time with us, in the SPL at least, he was fairly decent. He's often mentioned among worst ever players but he doesn't come close in my view. Still a c**t mind.

Archived