Aberdeen v Motherwell, 11/3/17

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really expecting anything from this one but the win at Killie on Saturday, our general form against the other bottom 6 sides and the general change of mood around the place with McGhee's departure makes it something of a free hit for us. Either way a new manager isn't going to be judged on this game.

The club were indicating that they hoped to have a new manager in place for this one so a lot depends on what pans out there however Robinson's shown himself to be a capable enough interim option. He made changes at the weekend and managed to affect the game.

I saw a few folk mentioning that Moult may miss this through suspension, I'm not sure how true that is or not though Bowman seems to have been finding his feet and given the Pittodrie pitch looks an absolute state a more agricultural approach to the game may not be the worst option. McHugh stepping in at centre half fills the gap left by Stephen McManus.

Heneghan is easily bullied while Jules, despite his redemption at the weekend, has shown himself to be error prone. I'd expect Rooney to have a lovely old time against them.

Samson

Heneghan McHugh Jules

Tait Cadden Lasley Pearson Frear

McDonald Bowman

3-1 Aberdeen

I don't dislike any current Aberdeen players.  Sad but true.

I miss out on all the hatred Aberdeen fans have judging by the above.

You think they would be happy with the season so far and missing the Old firm in Cup semi

Miserable sods

13 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I don't dislike any current Aberdeen players.  Sad but true.

I miss out on all the hatred Aberdeen fans have judging by the above.

You think they would be happy with the season so far and missing the Old firm in Cup semi

Miserable sods

Pretty much sums up Aberdeen to be fair.

5fdafd7c6aa8391c59870cad4bfb49e4.png

Our overall performance against Kilmarnock wasn't much different from what it has been all season.  We won due to getting a wee bit rub of the green, something that has been seriously been lacking recently because I think we have been very unlucky this season.  Otherwise it was a pretty standard Motherwell 2016/17 season performance - patchy play between good and awful, some seriously dodging defending, conceding a soft goal and causing palpitations by being forced back into our own box for long spells.

Based on that, I can't see us getting anything at Pittodrie.  Aberdeen have turned us over pretty easily twice this season and there is nothing there to predict any different outcome. 

I will cross my fingers and hope for a draw but I can't even see that.

Got agree we have some miserable b*****ds in our support, f**k me some were moaning after the Watershei  game that we conceded there goal.   , as of now our pitch is a mess and its stopping us fae playing the silky fitba were capable off.   But I would expect 3 points coming our way, chance go 9 clear of the vermin in second so big incentive for the lads.

Not going to read too much into our result at Killie but I'd expect us not to get embarrassed again as we no longer have that loser McGhee in charge.

I feel Aberdeen will still have too much for us on the day but I can see us getting a goal.

2-1 sheep.

We could really do with another positive result here and at least give the impression that we are capable of putting together a run of results but can't see it here.

I don't think it'll be 7-2 again but I think we'll lose.

2-0 Aberdeen.

32 minutes ago, MJC said:

We could really do with another positive result here and at least give the impression that we are capable of putting together a run of results but can't see it here.

I don't think it'll be 7-2 again but I think we'll lose.

2-0 Aberdeen.

We don't play your team until the 9th of April, mVIII. 

Archived