Aberdeen v Motherwell, 11/3/17

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is, aye. Assisting with the 1st team along with his u20s role until they appoint the replacement for McGhee.

Is he popular as a pundit amongst Motherwell fans? Sort of like Willie Miller is with dons fans, disliked by supporters of other clubs but liked by fans of 'his' club?

Is he popular as a pundit amongst Motherwell fans? Sort of like Willie Miller is with dons fans, disliked by supporters of other clubs but liked by fans of 'his' club?

Dunno tbh. He's clearly a very good coach at u20s level. Cup winners and 6th in league last season, semi-finalists and 2pts off top spot this season so in that respect he's pretty well regarded, especially when added to his playing history. I'm not really sure that much attention is paid to his punditing from a MFC fan point of view.

The Cathro-seethe was pretty odd & his regular heads gone with Sutton seem quite incongruous as generally when he's done his wee interviews for MFC TV I've always found him pretty balanced and he genuinely speaks well.

Dunno tbh. He's clearly a very good coach at u20s level. Cup winners and 6th in league last season, semi-finalists and 2pts off top spot this season so in that respect he's pretty well regarded, especially when added to his playing history. I'm not really sure that much attention is paid to his punditing from a MFC fan point of view.

The Cathro-seethe was pretty odd & his regular heads gone with Sutton seem quite incongruous as generally when he's done his wee interviews for MFC TV I've always found him pretty balanced and he genuinely speaks well.

I think that being angered by Chris Sutton is a symptom of a healthy mind and good judgement.

I think that being angered by Chris Sutton is a symptom of a healthy mind and good judgement.

Sutton winds him up but I do feel Craigan lets himself fall into the trap a little. I think that happened with the Cathro thing, a bit of goading by Sutton and Craigan reacted to it and went from a fairly reasonable view to a more extreme seething one. I can't tell if it's an act between those two or if Sutton does genuinely wind up Craigan that much.

I don't think this match is going to be as easy as the last meeting.

As stated - McGhee is a shite coach and has been lucky to get work after fucking up so badly when he managed us.

Hopefully we put in a strong, clinical performance and not a repeat of Hamilton.

17 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I think Craigan has always had a point where he loses the head - never in a particularly bad way though, I always think of his invisible sniper rifle with Novo (?) at Ibrox and his mental celebration after his goal against St Johnstone in the Cup Semi a few years back....

I think he is generally very well thought of amongst the "well support (although not to the point where he is being touted as the 1st team manager) as he's been a good servant to the club - I don't suppose losing the heid with Sutton is going to change anything. 

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Missed the 7-2 game but making this one so its guaranteed to be a boring 0-0 played in miserable conditions.

yes please.

Craggs is a legend.

Surely it'll be Heneghan and Mchugh at centre back from the start? Two games in a row we've made that change and half time and both games we've seen a noticeable improvement. Not disagreeing that we'll concede a few regardless of our CB pairing though.

3-1 Aberdeen, and a spirited performance from the away side.

I take it Jack won't be back for this? I'm feeling a bit nervous about this one for some reason. I think we played quite well in both the previous two games but only scored 1 goal. It seems weird to look at a team we put 7 past last time round and worry about scoring.

On 07/03/2017 at 23:23, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Surely it'll be Heneghan and Mchugh at centre back from the start? Two games in a row we've made that change and half time and both games we've seen a noticeable improvement. Not disagreeing that we'll concede a few regardless of our CB pairing though.

3-1 Aberdeen, and a spirited performance from the away side.

Both injury doubts apparently, as well as Zak Jules. McManus still out and it looked like Tait was still carrying an injury on Saturday and he limped off during the 2nd half.

Super Joe at centre back then? Alongside McMillan, Ferguson and Stevie Hammell(until he breaks again).

Throw in the fact that Moult's suspended and we'll do well to keep it to 7 this time.

Archived