ICTFC v Ross County

That felt like three points. I'm honestly not sure from game to game what Jim is doing tactically but there isn't much you can do when Routis takes a fresh air swipe and Tansey's shot (which I think McCarey had covered) takes a huge deflection off your captain.

Both sides still in real trouble, probably lucky Hamilton are even worse than us.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Watched the highlights of this, why could neither of you sell out your ends? For a Derby game and both teams close in the league, thats a poor turn out!

The crowds for derby matches have decreased rapidly since both teams came together again in the top flight. We play each other at least four times a season and it's just lost it's spark. Plus the tickets are pretty expensive and Ross County fans really don't like coming to our stadium in general anyway but their crowd on Saturday was better than recent games between us both. Also the form of the two sides this season is absolutely appalling and a lot of fans have stayed away on the back of that as well.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

The crowds for derby matches have decreased rapidly since both teams came together again in the top flight. We play each other at least four times a season and it's just lost it's spark. Plus the tickets are pretty expensive and Ross County fans really don't like coming to our stadium in general anyway but their crowd on Saturday was better than recent games between us both. Also the form of the two sides this season is absolutely appalling and a lot of fans have stayed away on the back of that as well.

I think none of that should matter at all, maybe its just a different mentality to other derby's? 

1 hour ago, Staggie_93 said:

That place is a complete and utter shitehole. I had to put on a new set of jeans afterwards, all the seats were absolutely manky, wtf was all that about?

The ground staff spent all week getting it ready for you.

13 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I think none of that should matter at all, maybe its just a different mentality to other derby's? 

I agree. There seems to be a degree of meh'ness from ICT fans about football in general (maybe Ross County too I can't really comment). I've no idea exactly why this seems to be the case, it may not even be true, but it's just the way things seem to me. There always seems to be something that our fans would rather be doing rather than actually go to a game of football even if it is a derby game.

The interest in football has simply worn off after so many years in the top flight. Attendances have dropped (in terms of both home and away support at TCS) but it's not overly surprising when you're playing the same teams pretty much every season. Even games against Rangers and Celtic, which would always get close to a sell out now barely half fill the home ends.

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

I agree. There seems to be a degree of meh'ness from ICT fans about football in general (maybe Ross County too I can't really comment). I've no idea exactly why this seems to be the case, it may not even be true, but it's just the way things seem to me. There always seems to be something that our fans would rather be doing rather than actually go to a game of football even if it is a derby game.

The interest in football has simply worn off after so many years in the top flight. Attendances have dropped (in terms of both home and away support at TCS) but it's not overly surprising when you're playing the same teams pretty much every season. Even games against Rangers and Celtic, which would always get close to a sell out now barely half fill the home ends.

It doesn't help when we're utter shite as well.  And of course the price to get in.

57 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It doesn't help when we're utter shite as well.  And of course the price to get in.

Mentioned that a couple of posts up as well.

Disillusionment with teams struggling; plus £25 to get in for expected poor performance.

I reckon.

Lots of moaning dissatisfied fans on both sides. 

tbf ICT are still in early generations of building up a habitual support from the city and surrounds. 

On a positive note, it was not baltic on that particular occasion, despite location and design of the stadium.

Think there's a real lethargy and disinterest in both clubs at the minute- seeing County at times now is a chore as we're churning out predictable shite, almost as bad as watching us under Leitch. Pass, pass, pass, pass no end result until we concede sloppily and drop points. Caley seem to have gone into reverse since winning the cup- same could be said of us this season.

Archived