9 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I know who he signed, that's not what I asked.

Forrest, Henderson, Watt

Forrest never really improved or added to his game, he just became more of a worker (pace and hard work are why he gets a game now)

He gave Henderson some game time

Watt came through and got some games but could you say he developed? - he's a decent finisher, decent dribbler and has pace and power, but he seemed to have that from the start.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

his main thing was signing 20-23 y/o and giving them game time & amending their game a little.... i wouldn't say he worked well with the 17-19 y/o cause not many ever came through

Was it Lennon that let Robertson leave on a free ?

50 minutes ago, The Diabolical One said:

I actually agree with this.

It's not far off my thoughts either.

Obviously if the guy wins a league and gets to (at least) a semi final, we're not going to sack him.

Assuming we do go up and don't win the cup, the unconvincing nature of his league performance probably evens him out to about par. Next year should be considered as a fresh opportunity to prove himself. If he does brilliantly next year, great - I don't see it though. Can't see Lennon being here long term.

Obviously that scenario isn't guaranteed. If he wins the cup he can have a 20 year contract and if he doesn't take us up he should be launched into the sun.

It's not far off my thoughts either.
Obviously if the guy wins a lower division (let's not kid ourselves on by calling it the league) and gets to (at least) a semi final, we're not going to sack him.
Assuming we do go up and don't win the cup, the unconvincing nature of his league performance probably evens him out to about par. Next year should be considered as a fresh opportunity to prove himself. If he does brilliantly next year, great - I don't see it though. Can't see Lennon being here long term.
Obviously that scenario isn't guaranteed. If he wins the cup he can have a 20 year contract and if he doesn't take us up he should be launched into the sun.

FTFY

We've struggled to bring players through since the golden generation, not sure that's one of the things I'd hold against Lennon. Stubbs didn't really trust our academy players either. It's maybe just the players coming through weren't good enough. 

When we came down down the whole academy side was overhauled, our 20s side are having a decent season so hopefully we'll see some positive results from that. Getting more from East Mains is one of the first things Leanne set out to do when she got the job. 

Martin looking worried about his right leg and has left the warm up with the phisio, not good.

He hurt it last week taking a goal kick, and struggled for the rest of the match. Suspect it'll be that flairing up again.

If he risks any long term damage I'd rather stick Jaz in and let Aldo rest it up for the bigger game next week.

Archived