Big Sexy Falkirk v The Famous MorTEN

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am really fucking gutted I wont be at this game. Has a real big game feel about it.

From our point of view it really doesn't, mainly due to the aforementioned dismal crowd we'll be bringing.

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Was thinking the same last night. Was really looking forward to going to easter road next week and see its £46 for an adult with two young kids. That's before diesel food programme etc. At Falkirk it's £18 for a similar family to visit. Appreciate the hibs guys will argue they don't care about away fans and are getting good attendances anyway but how can it be so different? I can get a season ticket for less than £300 but have to pay over £50 for one game. Surely hibs would rather get another say £30 than nothing?

How much is it for both trips if you're paying in your wife and your wean who is 14? How about if it's a pensioner travelling by themselves?

Your own personal "av goat two weans" situation isn't the be all and end all of pricing for Hibs or any other football team. And if you think it's a rip off, don't go.

FWIW I'd not be going through to Greenock tonight if the game was through there and on Alba, and I live about 20 miles away. I can't blame Morton fans for wanting to spend the 30-40 quid elsewhere when they won't be missing the game. The playoffs themselves are different.

How much is it for both trips if you're paying in your wife and your wean who is 14? How about if it's a pensioner travelling by themselves?
Your own personal "av goat two weans" situation isn't the be all and end all of pricing for Hibs or any other football team. And if you think it's a rip off, don't go.
FWIW I'd not be going through to Greenock tonight if the game was through there and on Alba, and I live about 20 miles away. I can't blame Morton fans for wanting to spend the 30-40 quid elsewhere when they won't be missing the game. The playoffs themselves are different.

Agreed I'd like to go but probably won't . Will keep the cash for the play offs instead.

The 5.15 kick off is shite for everyone especially if your going on a night out that night and it's an away game. Nae time to get hame, get your pubes shaved, get pre drinks sorted. By the time you've got all that sorted it's about 9 o'clock, you're sober and need to play catch up. Messy stuff would not recommend.

47 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The 5.15 kick off is shite for everyone especially if your going on a night out that night and it's an away game. Nae time to get hame, get your pubes shaved, get pre drinks sorted. By the time you've got all that sorted it's about 9 o'clock, you're sober and need to play catch up. Messy stuff would not recommend.

Gonnae explain that to some of your fellow posters? They seem to think a doctor's line should be needed before anyone's allowed to miss a game....

An evening away match is unbeatable, if it is also taking place at a good away day venue: see Stranraer when The Famous clinched La Decima; trouncing Ayr in January. When it is occurring at a shoebox in Grangemouth - never a good away day at the best of times - it can get in the sea.

Better to get the game on council telly in the pub, deprive Falkirk of the gate money and watch this all blow over.

1489852414417.jpg

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

An evening away match is unbeatable, if it is also taking place at a good away day venue: see Stranraer when The Famous clinched La Decima; trouncing Ayr in January. When it is occurring at a shoebox in Grangemouth - never a good away day at the best of times - it can get in the sea.

Better to get the game on council telly in the pub, deprive Falkirk of the gate money and watch this all blow over.

1489852414417.jpg

Stranraer league game ...... Morton seaside tour (place a year here)

Archived