How would/ will you vote?

Fide

The vote  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

I'll vote Yes again. Not going to bother my arse convincing No voters to change their mind though as it's unlikely a lot of them will. People will just fall for the same old shite from down south and the vote will be cunted again. I'm not wasting my time with it.

That's the spirit.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A simple search on Google will give your answers. I'm on my phone won't let me share. Really not on here to argue just stated an opinion. You won't change your mind about independence and you wont change mine.

Well, that's how it is?
I'm entrenched in my views, deeply in favour of leaving the union, just because foreign rule etc. That's you, that is.
Whereas I'm perfectly willing to listen to your positive views on the incorporating Union.

Well, that's how it is?
I'm entrenched in my views, deeply in favour of leaving the union, just because foreign rule etc. That's you, that is.
Whereas I'm perfectly willing to listen to your positive views on the incorporating Union.

[emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

Currently standing at 87% 'Aye'.  Anyone recall what the stats were for the equivalent 2014 P&B poll?  You know when hunners of posters declaimed somesuch as, "That's me, my maw, my Sevco-supporting uncle, my gran and her entire crochet club and my cousins just marched behind the Saltire to vote for Scotland" and were proven to be liars?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Currently standing at 87% 'Aye'.  Anyone recall what the stats were for the equivalent 2014 P&B poll?  You know when hunners of posters declaimed somesuch as, "That's me, my maw, my Sevco-supporting uncle, my gran and her entire crochet club and my cousins just marched behind the Saltire to vote for Scotland" and were proven to be liars?

No. don't remember that. What I do remember is that it went from 30% to 45% in the polls. Starting at 50% gives me confidence. 

I'll vote Yes again. Not going to bother my arse convincing No voters to change their mind though as it's unlikely a lot of them will. People will just fall for the same old shite from down south and the vote will be cunted again. I'm not wasting my time with it.

My feelings exactly.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Of course this poll is complete confirmation bias;  P&B isn't representative of the Scottish public - we knew that already, and it was pointed out in the OP. We don't have much representation amongst some of the core No-voting groups, the "just-because" hardcore UJ-tattooed demographic, the elderly, or the timid punters who are only concerned with what directly impacts their tiny worlds and were always going to favour the status quo.

Out of those three, the first are a lost cause, and the second I genuinely feel sorry for, as in the autumn of their lives they're being asked to vote to negate what they've probably always believed in - for me it's the reaction of the third group that will be the most interesting...the ones who voted no purely out of self-interest and existential alarm don't have a safe "carry on as you were" fallback option...it's the turmoil of Brexit or the turmoil of independence.

4 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

the "just-because" hardcore UJ-tattooed demographic, the elderly, or the timid punters who are only concerned with what directly impacts their tiny worlds and were always going to favour the status quo.

Dreary fucking me.  The potential vote exists in the mind of wee Burnie and her pathetic acolytes yet we're already making excuses?

What a sorry lot the SNP fandans are.

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dreary fucking me.  The potential vote exists in the mind of wee Burnie and her pathetic acolytes yet we're already making excuses?

The BritNats in full rage mode at the question of Scotland's regional status even being asked again?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is an element who could be guaranteed free money, cake and blowjobs on a daily basis in an independent Scotland and would still vote no "just because" - it's as futile to try and win that demographic round as it is to deny it exists.

Like I said though, the ones to win over are the self-interested tunnel vision types who're only concerned with how it will affect them.

True story: there was a wifie in our work last time round who was loudly trumpeting she was voting No because despite being assured our jobs were safe, independence might entail her having to move desk. There's no safe default option for punters like that this time around, so it'll be interesting to see which option they come down on.

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

My, you're rather angry at present.

For the life of me, I can't begin to think what has irked you so.

:1eye

Waiting lists for hospitals, housing crisis for renters and buyers, shortage of school places and strain on the welfare budget. England didn't vote for Brexit because they are racist.

In the last five years, there have been over six hundred new houses built within five miles of my home. There has been no corresponding increase in school places, healthcare facilities, or public transport. That's a massive strain, and something that you can't really blame on immigrants. Unless you're the kind of moron who doesn't realise that increased population needs increased infrastructure, and find it easier to believe whatever the Heil tells them.

7 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The BritNats in full rage mode at the question of Scotland's regional status even being asked again?

Not my position at all.  I have said many times since the Brexit vote that that I could make a decent case for Scotland ploughing its own furrow as part of The EU and would welcome it...depending on how the Brexit negotiations go.

I still reserve the right to despise the odious SNP and all her followers and to defend my (right) point that Nicola wasn't voted in as 1st minister.

That the shortbread munchers fail to grasp this subtlety is to their chagrin.  Not that I am at all surprised.

In the last five years, there have been over six hundred new houses built within five miles of my home. There has been no corresponding increase in school places, healthcare facilities, or public transport. That's a massive strain, and something that you can't really blame on immigrants. Unless you're the kind of moron who doesn't realise that increased population needs increased infrastructure, and find it easier to believe whatever the Heil tells them.

You'll be ok nobody wants to live in scummy killie. Your neighbour is probably big Marvin. I asked Kris Boyd who lives round the corner from me in sunny Ayr why he doesn't live in Killie and he said to me 'would you live in killie?' [emoji41]

Anyhoo, I've got a red line which means I'm not even going to listen to any of the arguments for and against until it is resolved. The UK Government have to sort out the issue with EU nationals already here, because I'm not voting for anything that jeopardises many of my good friends' ability to live here.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not my position at all.  I have said many times since the Brexit vote that that I could make a decent case for Scotland ploughing its own furrow as part of The EU and would welcome it...depending on how the Brexit negotiations go.

I still reserve the right to despise the odious SNP and all her followers and to defend my (right) point that Nicola wasn't voted in as 1st minister.

That the shortbread munchers fail to grasp this subtlety is to their chagrin.  Not that I am at all surprised.

Abuse in every post.

:lol:

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!

Archived