No Voters - what say you?

jamamafegan

Now if that was actually true surely when Indy comes it will stop and we can become one of the richest countries in the world as promised.Strangely though the SNP have moved away from that position to a more "it will be hard" line of promotion.I suspect it may have been guff.

Jesus Christ aren't you depressing.

Jesus Christ aren't you depressing.

We can't all come on here slapping each other on the back at every utterance in the echo chamber that is P&B you know.Cheer up its not as depressing as knowing Nicola is beginning to "wear thin" on people as they say.Tick tock....

We can't all come on here slapping each other on the back at every utterance in the echo chamber that is P&B you know.Cheer up its not as depressing as knowing Nicola is beginning to "wear thin" on people as they say.Tick tock....

What a lot of shite people were saying that years ago.

:lol:

It's SNP forever whilst in the union, unless the other parties amalgamate. Get used to it.

You're surprised we don't see the fruits of our fantastic oil wealth?  You can't be paying attention.

No im asking what has changed so dramatically between the language of 2014 and now.If i understand even the SNP are not pushing the "wealthy" line anymore.You are suggesting it has all been wasted in less than 3 years ? Its a simple question where has the wealth gone ? Scotland was in exactly the same position within the UK in 2014 yet the SNP were quite happy to promote the idea of a "very wealthy" Scotland on leaving the UK so why not now ?

What a lot of shite people were saying that years ago.

[emoji38]

It's SNP forever whilst in the union, unless the other parties amalgamate. Get used to it.

The arrogance is strong in this one...Eventually the billy big baws attitude,only show in town patter will lead to an inevitable fall.Could be a long time but another failed Indy bid will certainly start the engine.

Just now, Loondave1 said:

No im asking what has changed so dramatically between the language of 2014 and now.If i understand even the SNP are not pushing the "wealthy" line anymore.You are suggesting it has all been wasted in less than 3 years ? Its a simple question where has the wealth gone ? Scotland was in exactly the same position within the UK in 2014 yet the SNP were quite happy to promote the idea of a "very wealthy" Scotland on leaving the UK so why not now ?

I'm not suggesting the oil wealth has been wasted in three years.  I would say that describing Scotland as super wealthy (though it is) when thousands are going to food banks and austerity is all around us would be attacked as pie in the sky thinking.  Which they want to avoid, understandably. 

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:

So,...

Despite you not believing that we would be a wealthy country if we were independent, you want the SNP to tell us that we will be?

The white paper is roundly condemned as fantasy and overly optimistic by unionists and yet what was said in it is what you think should be repeated by the Scottish government.

You're engaging in doublethink.

At the same time as condemning the SNP and accusing them of "untruths" in the first referendum you're condemning them for not repeating those "untruths".

If you want to kick the arse out of the way the first referendum was debated or fought then, by all means, do so.  But it was three years ago and we're in a different world.

I'm not suggesting the oil wealth has been wasted in three years.  I would say that describing Scotland as super wealthy (though it is) when thousands are going to food banks and austerity is all around us would be attacked as pie in the sky thinking.  Which they want to avoid, understandably. 

Quick enough to tell us we were all going to be rolling in it Saudi style 3 years ago.I see you are still clinging to the idea Scotland is "super wealthy" though, i admire the level of blind devotion to an idea that bears no reality to Scotlands fiscal reality.I wish i believed it as well.Life would be so much simpler baaaing away with the rest of the flock to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Quick enough to tell us we were all going to be rolling in it Saudi style 3 years ago.I see you are still clinging to the idea Scotland is "super wealthy" though, i admire the level of blind devotion to an idea that bears no reality to Scotlands fiscal reality.I wish i believed it as well.Life would be so much simpler baaaing away with the rest of the flock to be honest.

Yeah, nobody's said we'd be rolling in it Saudi style since the McCrone report, chum.  Scotland was the 15th richest nation in the OECD in 2014 (http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0049/00497557.pdf) and that's despite Westminster's shocking mismanagement.  Like it or not, Scotland is rich and with better governance could be richer.

20 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Oh, but you do bleat away with the rest of the "we're a scabby, poor wee region, and should therefore reject that whole statehood thing" flock.

You've been well and truly indoctrinated into believing in the necessity of Scotland's subservience.

39 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Regarding Scotlands economy the burden of proof will lie with those advocating the UK union this time.

How can it be anything else after all the lies and mistruths told by the no camp last time.

Prove to me that Scotland will not become increasingly poorer if we stick in union.

44 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

The arrogance is strong in this one...Eventually the billy big baws attitude,only show in town patter will lead to an inevitable fall.Could be a long time but another failed Indy bid will certainly start the engine.

I think it should be called "The Labour Effect".