No Voters - what say you?

jamamafegan

I think it should be called "The Labour Effect".

You are correct.The similarities are obvious but hey ho "only show in town" etc etc.It will end in tears and probably another Indy defeat but as long as all us well in the echo chamber full steam ahead.

Just now, Loondave1 said:

You are correct.The similarities are obvious but hey ho "only show in town" etc etc.It will end in tears and probably another Indy defeat but as long as all us well in the echo chamber full steam ahead.

Not sure the similarities are that close. It took Labour decades of taking Scotland for granted before they were found out. I also think with the younger generations being more indy minded, there may be a lot of miles to go for the SNP. Best chance of them going bye bye is probably independence as it stands, as there is no credible opposition in Scotland right now. Had it not been for the SNP offering an alternative, Labour would still be the main force in Scotland simply through disinterest in politics.

Not sure the similarities are that close. It took Labour decades of taking Scotland for granted before they were found out. I also think with the younger generations being more indy minded, there may be a lot of miles to go for the SNP. Best chance of them going bye bye is probably independence as it stands, as there is no credible opposition in Scotland right now. Had it not been for the SNP offering an alternative, Labour would still be the main force in Scotland simply through disinterest in politics.

I think there probably are many miles to go and that fuels the idea of invincibility that fuels the over confidence that sows the seeds of eventual failure.Thatcher was "unassailable" as was Blairs Labour Party and probably the current Tories but it's all fluid over long timescales,im old enough to realise that.I still think the rush to a 2nd referendum that ends in defeat will be an unwise move.Almost as if having Indy2 is the goal now and winning it is an after thought.Thanks for a civil response by the way, so refreshing amongst the potty mouthed hordes on here..

7 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I think there probably are many miles to go and that fuels the idea of invincibility that fuels the over confidence that sows the seeds of eventual failure.Thatcher was "unassailable" as was Blairs Labour Party and probably the current Tories but it's all fluid over long timescales,im old enough to realise that.I still think the rush to a 2nd referendum that ends in defeat will be an unwise move.Almost as if having Indy2 is the goal now and winning it is an after thought.Thanks for a civil response by the way, so refreshing amongst the potty mouthed hordes on here..

This from the "Nasty Nat" guy.

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

In response to the usual "piss off " "f**k off" responses if you care to look.If the hat fits and all that.

Dry your eyes tiny tears. 

You admitted a few months back that literally the only reason you post here is to troll Indy threads, to the extent you were almost begging other posters to bite.

Muppet :lol:

Dry your eyes tiny tears. 
You admitted a few months back that literally the only reason you post here is to troll Indy threads, to the extent you were almost begging other posters to bite.
Muppet [emoji38]

Enjoy your hat .

One wasn't a response to you and the other was a plea for a coherent argument.

As a NO it felt as good as a response to me and the coherent argument plea could still be civil surely ? I also think "coherence" is a bit eye of the beholder on here.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:

As a NO it felt as good as a response to me and the coherent argument plea could still be civil surely ? I also think "coherence" is a bit eye of the beholder on here.

Why should trolls be afforded civility?

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:

Reformed trolls should be given a chance to partake of this debate surely?

Is reform as simple as to claim that one is not a troll anymore?

A period of exile from the forum of a period of around 6 months would be a meaningful gesture and would go some way to expressing your regret IMO.  It would give you the time and space to ponder your mistakes and you could return, reformed.

Is reform as simple as to claim that one is not a troll anymore?
A period of exile from the forum of a period of around 6 months would be a meaningful gesture and would go some way to expressing your regret IMO.  It would give you the time and space to ponder your mistakes and you could return, reformed.

Im fully realised now and as reformed as a Farmfoods "value" chicken kiev.I would suggest an exile for excessive use of "swearywords" also but fear tumbleweed would be drifting through Indy forums pretty quickly.Actually i confessed a few months back as well so hopefully that would run concurrently also.