Friendship with Criminals

Friendship with criminals  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It doesn't even need to be an isolated farm it could still be a decent sized village and the drinker who could be from 2 miles away from the pub could have dropped his car off somewhere near the pub with every intention of getting a taxi back after last orders and then after the pub has shut just thought driving was the better option and could save a fiver. Its obviously a common occurrence and hardly makes the drunk driver a bad person but a conviction under these terms can make the offender lose their job and much of their livelihood so it is obviously a problem among the older punters and the police in rural Scotland. Lots of the pubs that were once brilliant have gone to shit because of this as well.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Reckon it would need to be something serious nearer the bottom of the list of options before I'd write a good pal out of my life. I'm with you on the habitually violent types though.

I think most of us have known at least one toxic mate like that; the bam you know who can't get through a night out without trading with somebody, a process normally heralded by glass smashing somewhere in the pub and the thought of "Awww f**k - here we go AGAIN..."

Punters like that you don't really disown in the way you're suggesting though...it's more a gradual process of starting to make excuses not to be in their company until one day you realise they're not really a part of your life anymore.

begbie.jpg

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

If you've got pals, you've got pals.

If you've got pals who commit some random criminal act, they're probably not the pal you thought they were.

You ken the folks you cut about with. If they've been that bad, I'd say you need to have a look at both your moral compass and the blindingly obvious.

I think that's certainly the case usually.  There are people who suddenly commit horrible crimes that haven't shown outward inclination previously though.

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

begbie.jpg

Reminds me of a friend of mine who browses p&b (he just texted me to say he'd been bingeing on Lindt chocolate). You could set your watch by him kicking off. He's teetotal now and an absolute gent. 

10 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

begbie.jpg

Not a million miles removed, although unlike Begbie who's written as a psycho 24/7, the guy I had in mind in my previous post was actually brand new until probably the four or five pint mark.

After that threshold all bets were off.. there would be some perceived slight or injury from some quarter which almost inevitably would end up in a scrap.

"Did you call my pint a hoor?"

Had a good friend who passed away who used to shoplift all the time. Totally trusted him in terms of stealing stuff from me but he was so brass neck it was unbelievable. In a clothes shop he went into the changing room with two pairs of jeans. Tried on one took both back out and dropped a pair under a jacket rail concealed from cameras. Bought the other pair, walked around for a bit (I had no idea, was saying let's go) then when walking out the alarm goes off and he goes back to the counter and tells them off for not cutting off the tag. When we get out he says 'bolt bolt' and we run down to the train. He'd put the two pairs in the bag.

His other favourite was the John Menzies store that's featured on trainspotting, in the summer they left the fire door exits open between the floors. You could just pick up a magazine or can of juice from the ground floor and simply walk out. I was severely tempted as it was so easy but it's not worth it.

My final straw was when he used me as a shield in boots so he could nick perfume for a Mother's Day present.

:lol:

Hardly Al Capone stuff but he must've stolen thousands of things over the years.

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Wierd seeing this thread pop up as i'm just back from shotts after visiting my cousin that i haven't seen in nearly six years. Drinking wine in the shower is an offence that should be punishable by the electric chair only, imo.

Assuming that this was HMP Shotts, do they not make wine in the shitter in those establishments?

9 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I once ate a Walnut Whip whilst getting a blowjob. Can anyone beat that?

I once, whilst in drag noshed someone off who was eating a walnut whip just for the bantz if that counts.

Archived