A STATEMENT FROM THE BEECHWOOD REGENERATION COMMITTEE

Talbot Bing

Just now, BS7 said:

It would make more sense to me if the juniors who account for most of the part time teams in Scotland absorbed the league & non league seniors?

I've said for long enough that the EoSFL is a busted flush and we've already seen two clubs move over in the last two seasons, if that continues then the integration may come naturally, in the East at least.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the east and south of Scotland teams be happy starting right down at the bottom of the juniors? I think a fairer compromise would be to include the top juniors into their leagues. They could then make the leagues upto 16 teams and have the rest in a league below similar to the current formats in the juniors.

A west of Scotland league would need to be created also but would pretty much just be all of the super league teams. Then promotion to the lowland league from the east west and south leagues.

Would that be too much to ask for Auchinleck or Kelty to play in the Lowland league if they were to win their leagues?

1 hour ago, Cancellara said:

Does anyone think about the fans in all of these pipe dreams,travelling,fuel costs etc .Ffs the majority of Ayrshire fans don't travel to Glasgow and vice versa.A certain downward spiral for Talbot if this goes ahead

I know it hasn't been done but I'd be interested in seeing away fan numbers by team at the various away venues.

A lot of the discussion on here about crowds is inevitably anecdotal and the very subject is a dog whistle to a certain type of P&B balloon.

What interests me is why someone from Largs, Beith, etc would be more likely to go to New Cumnock or Auchinleck than Glasgow or beyond when the journey is no harder (easier in fact).

Also, if the game is seemingly surviving despite people not wanting to travel to the extremities of the current region then what difference is them not going further afield going to make?

That’s a very long way from common sense.  If fans don’t travel to/from Glasgow then logically the club should be campaigning for a move to the Ayrshire Amateurs to ensure only local games and the poor fans don’t need to travel further than the length of their shadow?  I also assume Talbot will be voting against the West Region re-organisation plan which could involve region wide travel for all clubs?

I doubt it. Talbot appear to be a forward thinking club, improving their ground with the intention of gaining a Licence to be ahead of the game when changes come.  If some fans don’t like the direction the game is headed in then fair enough, Junior football is a very insular environment after all and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the inescapable fact is that changes are coming at some point and the fan base will move with them.

That said, expecting Talbot to move to the SoSFL in order to obtain a licence is absurd.

Just one more point.

Why don't Talbot just sign the pledge, get the Licence, and then sit back and see what happens?  I'm far from convinced that the SFA will try and force a change of league to keep the Licence, there are other precedents to point to.

Call their bluff, if they remove the Licence then so what? as has been said, the ground improvements are going ahead anyway, so no real loss.

1 hour ago, Cancellara said:

Does anyone think about the fans in all of these pipe dreams,travelling,fuel costs etc .Ffs the majority of Ayrshire fans don't travel to Glasgow and vice versa.A certain downward spiral for Talbot if this goes ahead

They were quick enough to travel all the way to Edinburgh & beyond for Scottish Cup matches.

Honestly, how far is it from Ayrshire to Glasgow? 1hr-90 mins. Hardly a long distance. Need to man up a bit. Folk travel longer to work everyday!

Depends where in Ayrshire and glasgow this season girvan v shotts must be a fair distance and if girvan n forth were in same league it's even further maybe closer to 2 hours there n back

3 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

The truth is fans don't have the money.
I know Talbot fans who pick and choose which away games to attend because they simply do not have the money.
As far as calling posters who actually think about the supporters a balloon well that's just rather petty.
emoji6.png

Just as well I didn't say that then. 

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Just one more point.

Why don't Talbot just sign the pledge, get the Licence, and then sit back and see what happens?  I'm far from convinced that the SFA will try and force a change of league to keep the Licence, there are other precedents to point to.

Call their bluff, if they remove the Licence then so what? as has been said, the ground improvements are going ahead anyway, so no real loss.

This.

If St Bert's are allowed to get away with doing a Stenny to avoid the costs of promotion, why not try?

Or do a Spartans & do a try before you buy - run an SOS side for a season whilst keeping the main squad in the Juniors. If SoS is such a cakewalk as claimed, here is their chance to have their cake & eat it.

Actually, for any Junior club with a 3G or 4G, this could be an interesting experiment, especially for those wanting to become "community clubs" - a club with dual potential for advancement via both current non league set ups could prove more attractive to  the best players.

3 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

They were quick enough to travel all the way to Edinburgh & beyond for Scottish Cup matches.

That's classed as a day out. Every Junior fan likes a change of scenery and a wee swally.

4 hours ago, edinabear said:

Honestly, how far is it from Ayrshire to Glasgow? 1hr-90 mins. Hardly a long distance. Need to man up a bit. Folk travel longer to work everyday!

It takes me 30 mins to drive from Ayr to Glasgow, about the same as to Largs or New Cumnock

2 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Or do a Spartans & do a try before you buy - run an SOS side for a season whilst keeping the main squad in the Juniors. If SoS is such a cakewalk as claimed, here is their chance to have their cake & eat it.

Sounds like great idea but I'm sure the SJFA would put the kybosh on anything like that.

2 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Actually, for any Junior club with a 3G or 4G, this could be an interesting experiment, especially for those wanting to become "community clubs" - a club with dual potential for advancement via both current non league set ups could prove more attractive to  the best players.

At Whitehill we've been having talks with a company about installing 3G. I asked the guy what's all this 3G, 4G, 5G even (like QoS).

He says there's only 3G pitches (football) and water-based pitches (hockey) and all the rest is just made up shite. I'm sure some guys on here will know more about it.

Btw if you have 3G you can have rugby clubs training on it but not playing as it's too hard. If you have water based its very hard as you don't use pellets, you water the pitch so the ball will run instead of bouncing. 

If the SoS ever came into a wider West Region, it would need to be as an additional region. Girvan left the SoS because of travel to Dumfries area. Saying anything otherwise is a strawman argument. Overall, the South sides are too weak to feature in a West-wide division for long. Any that did would be isolated cases and then the frequent travel would be their own problem, not oppoents doing it once a season.

Archived