Trivia Question

During the lull of international week, I was speaking to someone at my work who is related to Jason Holt of Rangers. He mentioned something about him having played for Scotland U21, but not the full team. Having looked at his wikipedia page, it seems that he has played over 50 games for Rangers, but not had a Scotland call. Andy Halliday has played almost 90 times for them, but no caps either.

Are there any players who have more appearances for either Celtic or Rangers who are eligible for the Scotland team, but have never had a full cap? It seemed like it used to be anyone who played more than 10 times for either of them got a Scotland cap.

There's no real point, was just wondering.

All of the non-Old Firm clubs have got loads of players who fans think should have won caps but didn't, so was just wondering whether there were players on that side  in the same boat.

The only player Scottish player I've ever though deserved a cap whilst at ICT got one.  A tremendous 100% record for me in that area.

25 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

There's no real point, was just wondering.

All of the non-Old Firm clubs have got loads of players who fans think should have won caps but didn't, so was just wondering whether there were players on that side  in the same boat.

Isn't Andy Ritchie the best/worst example?

From a Rangers PoV that Bobby Russell was uncapped was a disgrace and that Dave Smith was only capped twice is unforgivable.

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

John Fallon, 192 Celtic appearances, 0 caps

Point is that there are a lot of Scottish players who played a lot of games for OF teams over the years without being capped

He deserves capped for his Twitter feed alone.

10 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Yes, lots.  Callum McGregor has played 100 times for Celtic and has yet to get his first Scotland cap, and he's better than both Holt and Halliday

Shocking that anyone better than Andy Halliday hasn't had full international honours.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Isn't Andy Ritchie the best/worst example?

From a Rangers PoV that Bobby Russell was uncapped was a disgrace and that Dave Smith was only capped twice is unforgivable.

Could you blame Morton fans for wanting him called up? One of the most technically gifted players we've ever produced and he really should've made at least one squad.

Archived