Choose Mrs Romeo's New car

Romeo

33 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pre-reg is a good shout too. So many garages will have a fleet of brand new cars parked up to massage their sales figures. They register them, park them for three months then sell them as a "second hand" but brand new/unused car. Can knock thousands of the list price and still have the same warranty/finance/service deals as new ones. 

I've done this a few times over the years. You can't (obviously) specify what options you would want your new car to have, but you can save thousands on the list price. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hey @Romeo, do ya wanna buy a 13 plate Fiesta?

No thanks mate. I have a Fiesta at the moment through work and it's a great car. the 1L ecoboost engine really is a remarkable thing. But..I would prefer a new car and believe it or not, Mrs Romeo thinks the fiesta is too big despite me telling her the new KA+ is pretty much the same size.

women eh?

43 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

There's an entire generation now who know nothing of the horrors of British Leyland. I had an Allegro, a Princess and a Maestro and they were indescribably awful compared to today's cars.

My mum's first car when I was growing up was a Maxi, and her next 3 cars were Rovers, as were my first 2. It's quite comical now to think Rover was marketed as a classy brand.

Today's car owners are missing out on all the fun, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:

No thanks mate. I have a Fiesta at the moment through work and it's a great car. the 1L ecoboost engine really is a remarkable thing. But..I would prefer a new car and believe it or not, Mrs Romeo thinks the fiesta is too bit despite me telling her the new KA+ is pretty much the same size.

women eh?

She must think the fewer the letters, the smaller the car, get her an A1 and tell her its the smallest car ever made!

My wife is the opposite, she prefers a bigger car, she chose our other car, a XC60.

46 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pre-reg is a good shout too. So many garages will have a fleet of brand new cars parked up to massage their sales figures. They register them, park them for three months then sell them as a "second hand" but brand new/unused car. Can knock thousands of the list price and still have the same warranty/finance/service deals as new ones. 

Anyone buying a new car and not going down the pre-reg route is doing it wrong.

Anyone who has yet discovered the benefits of heated seats has something to look forward to.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone buying a new car and not going down the pre-reg route is doing it wrong.

Anyone who has yet discovered the benefits of heated seats has something to look forward to.

Heated seats are like dishwashers. Until you have one you don't know what you've been missing. Heated wheel is next on the list for me. 

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:

So the pre reg thing?

Doesn't that mean you are the 2nd owner of the car which ultimately mean less sell on value in the future?  

Probably not more than you'll save on a brand new car.

Mine had 8 miles on the clock and i saved something like £4k off the same model sitting brand new next to it.

12 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Don't waste money on the extra expense of heated seats , simply smear a layer of ralgex on each before use #viztoptips

When you stop cycling around Scotland like a monumental bellend  - getting all aggressive at normal people using cars - you can offer an opinion on this favoured transport of adults.    Until then save your perverse  'warm up you buttocks' tips for your lycra boys in the biking thread.    

PS  Hope your chain falls off on tomorrow's ride and you lose your juice money. 

4 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

When you stop cycling around Scotland like a monumental bellend  - getting all aggressive at normal people using cars - you can offer an opinion on this favoured transport of adults.    Until then save your perverse  'warm up you buttocks' tips for your lycra boys in the biking thread.    

Hiya Perthshirebell

Still a sad little cuntoid i see :)

1 minute ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Hiya Perthshirebell

Still a sad little cuntoid i see :)

9 words and only 3 insults.    

Guess you're saving yourself for tomorrow's ride where you unleash your foul mouth towards a car using family going to deep sea world or spoil a birthday day out by shouting at a Volvo just because they have more money than you.   

There are varying degrees of "Cuntoid" and only one of us owns a push bike and an FK postcode. 

Let the tears lubricate your rusty chain.  

26 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Cycling thread for this pish. http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/90383-official-pb-cycling-thread/&do=findComment&comment=11213938

1 hour ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

9 words and only 3 insults.    

Guess you're saving yourself for tomorrow's ride where you unleash your foul mouth towards a car using family going to deep sea world or spoil a birthday day out by shouting at a Volvo just because they have more money than you.   

There are varying degrees of "Cuntoid" and only one of us owns a push bike and an FK postcode. 

Let the tears lubricate your rusty chain.  

Brilliant 

Have a greenie 

Archived