Scores 01 April

hearthammer

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biggest shock result for me today was Largs 4-1 win against Glenafton! No disrespect to Largs,but didn't see that one coming,against top-of-the-league side! Just shows you how crazy this league is! [emoji33]

After the sending off Glens were struggling. You need a full complement to compete and this just wasn't our " Glens day [emoji22]

But fair play to Largs.

24 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

What a Fucking game at Kello. 4 penalties, 5 goals and both teams constantly going for it. Gutted to lose it, but with Winton getting beat, it keeps Vics and Kello in with a shout. Interesting few weeks ahead

More match summaries should start like this. :lol:

39 minutes ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Biggest shock result for me today was Largs 4-1 win against Glenafton! No disrespect to Largs,but didn't see that one coming,against top-of-the-league side! Just shows you how crazy this league is! :o

I actually thought Largs were a decent outfit when we played them and if you look at their recent results they have been quite encouraging if you were a Largs fan. I would like to hear if the plastic pitch played a part in the Glens performance because we struggled a bit at Townhead.

1 minute ago, Dipple burn said:

I actually thought Largs were a decent outfit when we played them and if you look at their recent results they have been quite encouraging if you were a Largs fan. I would like to hear if the plastic pitch played a part in the Glens performance because we struggled a bit at Townhead.

Agree,Db. Largs are hard to beat at home.They are a good side,but the plastic turf can be a 'leveller',as not everyone likes playing on it.

I watched Largs beat Kilwinning at Abbey Park a couple of months ago and was impressed - they were solid, very hard working and didn't perform like a team at the bottom of the table.

30 minutes ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Agree,Db. Largs are hard to beat at home.They are a good side,but the plastic turf can be a 'leveller',as not everyone likes playing on it.

So it's NOT a leveller then? :whistle

Peasey 2 Bankies 0

Had all of the 1st half and missed a handful of chances. All the talk at half-time was how it could come back to bite us and So it turned out. Hardly laid a finger on Peasey in 2nd period and it was a comfortable win in end. Lots of mumping about the ref - who missed a few things - but at end of day we're the architects of own downfall with missed chances and poor defending I'm afraid

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

I watched Largs beat Kilwinning at Abbey Park a couple of months ago and was impressed - they were solid, very hard working and didn't perform like a team at the bottom of the table.

Largs fully deserved their victory today hopefully just a bad day at the office for Glens.

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Peasey 2 Bankies 0

Had all of the 1st half and missed a handful of chances. All the talk at half-time was how it could come back to bite us and So it turned out. Hardly laid a finger on Peasey in 2nd period and it was a comfortable win in end. Lots of mumping about the ref - who missed a few things - but at end of day we're the architects of own downfall with missed chances and poor defending I'm afraid

Think that's how most people saw the game. Clydebank could've scored a couple in the first half but didn't take there chances. Peasy were poor first half but dominated second half and took there chances when they came along. 

4 minutes ago, onemanwolfpack said:

Think that's how most people saw the game. Clydebank could've scored a couple in the first half but didn't take there chances. Peasy were poor first half but dominated second half and took there chances when they came along. 

6 changes from the team that started last week and it showed in the first half, took us a long time to get going. Lumsden probably still had the best save of the first half though when he clawed a shot from Wilson out the top corner. Much better second half from us and good to see Cassells getting some much needed game time under his belt.

Archived