Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hope there's a good crowd in for this one. Both these sides should have sizeable, noisy supports and both have a lot to play for. Would have fancied heading along myself but tickets already booked for our one-all draw at Dumbarton.

We've sold about 4,000 tickets so far. Should be 4-500 walk ups tomorrow. 

I'd seen quotes St Mirren will bring anywhere between 1,000-1,500 tomorrow. Could be over 6k on the gate if they bring close to the latter 

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd seen quotes St Mirren will bring anywhere between 1,000-1,500 tomorrow. Could be over 6k on the gate if they bring close to the latter 

We had just under 2K at Cappielow the other night (wet Tuesday with no covered terracing). Saturday's weather looks better, it's not a school night, better facilities, but it's Easter weekend and further to travel. But I would reckon at least 1,500. Any Buddie who was there the day we blew you away in a game we had to win will want to try and relive that experience. And the atmosphere at Away games recently has been far better than Home games.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nothing like the best away performance. Aberdeen 5-0 in the league cup, Hibs scudded us 5-0 in the Scottish cup and Celtic thumped us 4-1 in the league were all miles better than that imo

Nah, the St Mirren shagging was way more impressive.

While wishing to avoid the cliche, it genuinely would be great for a second-tier game to get such an attendance. Hope it happens, good on both supports.

20 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Nah, the St Mirren shagging was way more impressive.

It's nice to see it's held in the same high regards by the Falkirk fans (in terms of opposition performances) as it is with us.

In my opinion, we've never, ever played better than that since. In fact a few times in the last 6-8 weeks in the closest we've come to that in terms of performances.

Still trying to figure out who Billy 'May-met' is from that commentary, though.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

The last few Falkirk St Mirren threads have started off with this air of civility and its nice to see, but now that we have hit the weekend, I feel more GIRFUYish.

Lets get this relegation fodder pumped. Smash them up and down, bite them, whatever it takes to get them papped to the seaside leagues!

Lee Miller found...

6 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

While wishing to avoid the cliche, it genuinely would be great for a second-tier game to get such an attendance. Hope it happens, good on both supports.

Our home gates have jumped about between 4,000-5,000 depending on the opposition and how the team is playing this season. It's probably an average of about 4.5k and that's roughly what I'd expect tomorrow

Interesting to see hospitality for the St Mirren and Queen of the South games sold out about 3 hours ago, so it might be a better crowd than normal

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The last few Falkirk St Mirren threads have started off with this air of civility and its nice to see, but now that we have hit the weekend, I feel more GIRFUYish.

Lets get this relegation fodder pumped. Smash them up and down, bite them, whatever it takes to get them papped to the seaside leagues!

Excellent.  That's exactly why I came on, to see if the well mannered and polite behaviour had passed.  All been far too convivial and respectful on this thread.  

Yooze are pure shite, man.  We're gonny fućkin pure pump you.

Shitey support ✅ 

Shitey stadium ✅ 

Shitey toon  ✅ 

No-Mark team ✅ 

Shitey Manager ✅ 

<insert offensive comment of your choice about the local lassies> ✅ 

Stellios hat trick ✅ 

Saints win ✅ 

March onwards to mid table mediocrity ✅ 

MON THE BUDDIES...! 

Archived