Dragged From A Plane

HTG

Now that United Airlines have introduced a new approach to managing capacity, how long will it be before Ryanair introduce a "non manhandling" fee to guarantee that you won't get dragged off their planes by the feet? 

Any P&Bers ever found themselves in the position of being forcibly ejected from an aircraft as a result of sitting in their booked seat? 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HTG said:

Now that United Airlines have introduced a new approach to managing capacity, how long will it be before Ryanair introduce a "non manhandling" fee to guarantee that you won't get dragged off their planes by the feet? 

Any P&Bers ever found themselves in the position of being forcibly ejected from an aircraft as a result of sitting in their booked seat? 

Image result for gulf war pilot john peters

4 minutes ago, Tamdunk said:

In the same situation would you just leave the flight, or would you kick up a fuss, get leathered and dragged off?

I'd demand $1350, hotel in downtown Chicago plus taxis and a 1st class upgrade for the next flight. Soon as the cops arrived I'd go meekly though.

48 minutes ago, Tamdunk said:

In the same situation would you just leave the flight, or would you kick up a fuss, get leathered and dragged off?

Leave obviously, especially if the police were involved and make a complaint later.

I don't want to appear cynical but I've just heard a statement from the assaulted passenger's lawyer and I'm not 100% certain that he isn't slightly over-egging it in an attempt to milk as much cash out of United Airlines as possible:

"My client said that being dragged down the aisle was more horrendous and horrifying than anything he witnessed in Vietnam".

Ok then m8.

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't want to appear cynical but I've just heard a statement from the assaulted passenger's lawyer and I'm not 100% certain that he isn't slightly over-egging it in an attempt to milk as much cash out of United Airlines as possible:

"My client said that being dragged down the aisle was more horrendous and horrifying than anything he witnessed in Vietnam".

Ok then m8.

That was 42 years ago at the latest. What age is this guy? (I suppose I could read the story and find out his age...)

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That was 42 years ago at the latest. What age is this guy? (I suppose I could read the story and find out his age...)

Dr David Dao, 69

http://news.sky.com/story/united-passenger-david-dao-takes-legal-action-over-forceful-removal-10835055

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

Thanks, the story I read (misread?) I thought his wife was 69, couldn't see his age reported anywhere.

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Ok then m8.

Maybe he was entertaining the troops.

Saw a clip earlier of his daughter (a solid wid BTW) giving a statement about how traumatic it's been for the whole family in which she was on the verge of tears. Aye, they're at it now. No real need, he'll get a good pay off (as he should).

Just now, Cerberus said:

Apparently he had significant concussion, a broken nose and lost 2 teeth.

Lol wut.

It wasn't just a broken nose but a "badly broken nose" as opposed to a "goodly broken nose". He's getting reconstructive surgery as well apparently. 

After it happened I said to my workmate that a lawyer would be sitting somewhere rubbing his hands together and lo and behold within days there he is giving a press conference. I don't think I had to be Mystig Meg to predict that one right enough.

On 4/12/2017 at 14:45, Tamdunk said:

The big factor here is the American polis.  They have no capacity to reason with people.  I know this as I was huckled from a hotel bar in Burbank, California by 4 'cops' and spent a night in chokey, entirely sober I might add, due to questioning said bar's demand for a 15% uplift on a bill and my refusal to pay it due to their shite service.

This was pre Smart Phone otherwise I might now be chairman of Rangers on the back of my compensation and Marriot would be history.

This was pre Smart Phone otherwise I might now be chairman of Rangers on the back of my compensation and Marriot would be history.

Craig Whyte became chairman with less than I'd find down the back of my couch, hardly a good comparison.

Saw a clip earlier of his daughter (a solid wid BTW) giving a statement about how traumatic it's been for the whole family in which she was on the verge of tears. Aye, they're at it now. No real need, he'll get a good pay off (as he should).

While I don't doubt they will be milking this, I'd find the situation traumatic if it involved any of my family. That's before considering it's also been the biggest news story of the last couple days, with footage of it going viral.

Archived