Dragged From A Plane

HTG

3 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Thats where I stopped believing you...

But in all seriousness I completely agree, that cop should be put in jail for that assault on the guy, the old guy may have been belligerent etc but thats no way to deal with it.

It's a weird one, they're some kind of offshoot of the Chicago Police with less training, they're not allowed to be armed in the airport, and they're also not supposed to enter planes. The Airport is run by Chicago City Hall, so I guess it's as fucked up as the rest of the Chicago.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

While I don't doubt they will be milking this, I'd find the situation traumatic if it involved any of my family. That's before considering it's also been the biggest news story of the last couple days, with footage of it going viral.

Agreed.
The world just saw yer da get his c**t kicked and dragged off by the police because an airline fucked up its staff rota? A semi decent lawyer will help them squeeze every last penny they can out of United and good luck to them. b*****ds.

I think there should be an anonymous voting system onboard planes where you can vote to have someone get the shit kicked out of them and dragged off. Obviously you don't have much time before it leaves to make your decision but you can normally tell who's a w**k immediately.

2 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

I think there should be an anonymous voting system onboard planes where you can vote to have someone get the shit kicked out of them and dragged off. Obviously you don't have much time before it leaves to make your decision but you can normally tell who's a w**k immediately.

The Chief Steward/Trolley Dolly usually.

2 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Agreeance. By the time I get to my seat, I'm usually fantasising about seeing half a dozen or so meeting just such a fate. 

41 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

I start it in the bar. Muttering to her "I fucking hope that lot aren't on ours".

"Jesus, look at this one, I bet he's sitting next to me".

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I don't want to appear cynical but I've just heard a statement from the assaulted passenger's lawyer and I'm not 100% certain that he isn't slightly over-egging it in an attempt to milk as much cash out of United Airlines as possible:

"My client said that being dragged down the aisle was more horrendous and horrifying than anything he witnessed in Vietnam".

Ok then m8.

So you can sue for being dragged down the aisle?  

They should just have auctioned for the seats.  Start with a basic compensation package then keep raising it until someone accepts.  That would be better than just picking someone at random.  It would also avoid the potential litigation if the "random" winners just happened to be an openly gay couple or a black couple or some other identifiable category which could allow them to claim targeted discrimination. 

9 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Usually by the way they check in and make a complete fuckup of negotiating their way through security.

I start it in the bar. Muttering to her "I fucking hope that lot aren't on ours".

"Jesus, look at this one, I bet he's sitting next to me".

Sensible, giving yourself the maximum possible time to make your decision.

Security is where the clock officially starts for me, for example one woman was particularly hacked off when she wasn't able to take 10 tins of soup through in her carry on.

The first united statement described the guy as belligerent. No fecking wonder....he had bought a ticket for the journey and was being forced to vacate the plane against his will. Surely they could have either found 4 volunteers to accept a generous compensation package or found another way to transport their staff. Still better customer service than easyjet though

People who recline their seats back should meet such a fate.

I had one of these guys in front of me recently. Second he sat down he had it right back, only for the hostess to say bring it back up for takeoff. This gave me the opportunity to stick my knees just in front of the seat and the second the seat belt light turned off, he tried it again. Evidently confused as to why it wouldn't move back this time, he evidently thought that smashing it back a dozen times would fix it. Well, it didn't. He fell asleep soon after and I got all 13hrs flight time with some decent space. F*** 'em.

Shame about the guy in the middle seat that constantly thought sticking his elbow into my chair area was acceptable behavior. One of those c***s that keeps you awake yet falls asleep watching his film.

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The person trying to fit a massive case into the overhead bin.

Flew to Dublin on RyanAir a few years ago. Wary of their baggage policy, the wife and I took the bare minimum and carried bags that would easily fit into the bins. Was more than a bit surprised to see a bunch of women marching up the stairs with their huge Ikea bags - including one who managed to get a full length mirror into the overhead bins. 

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Flew to Dublin on RyanAir a few years ago. Wary of their baggage policy, the wife and I took the bare minimum and carried bags that would easily fit into the bins. Was more than a bit surprised to see a bunch of women marching up the stairs with their huge Ikea bags - including one who managed to get a full length mirror into the overhead bins. 

If only she'd been dealt with the United way. 

19 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

The crying baby would get my vote.

Archived