Football Podcasts

Guest bernardblack

15 minutes in to the Totally Scottish Football and so far we've learned that RE teacher Willie Collum is "Scotland's most famous PE teacher" and last week Craig Levein was highlighting the fact John Souttar has a "Scottish granny"...

Listening now and they are talking about the game at Firhill between Motherwell and Rangers...

Edit: I'm giving up. Not even mentioned another one of the results at the weekend but are already changing topic to the old firm game. Jonathan Northcroft is a good journalist, as is JJ Bull but this podcast is struggling to get away from the old firm obsession.

15 minutes in to the Totally Scottish Football and so far we've learned that RE teacher Willie Collum is "Scotland's most famous PE teacher" and last week Craig Levein was highlighting the fact John Souttar has a "Scottish granny"...

Just deleted it when I seen it in my feed. Gave it a couple of goes but I didn’t enjoy it so I doubt I’ll listen again.

I've been helping produce a football betting podcast for the last few weeks (I chime in occasionally but know next to nothing about betting) covers mostly Scottish & English games & picking out teams that appear to have good odds. Lasts ~30mins, thought some of you might want to give it a go!

Trampled Bet - trampledbet.libsyn.com & available on all your iTunes, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, etc...

My take on this.....

The best is 'By The Minute', now rebranded 'Here We Go', but that is AFC bias.  I am very glad we have this option for AFC though, and their pundits and guests tend to be of a good calibre.

For Scottish Football - Sportsound is dependent on which guests are on, if it's Michael Stewart I am more inclined to listen all the way through.  If it's Yogi, Alex Rae, McCulloch etc - perhaps less so.

The Terrace is generally first class - they all tend to know their stuff and be much more attuned with what most non-weegie fans think about our game..............sometimes for an old curmudgeon like me it can develop too much into giggling fits, but they all seem likeable.

I have tried the new 'Totally Scottish Football' thing and will continue to give it a go - but definite teething problems including cliches and lack of chemistry at this early stage.  They have maybe moved away from it being too weegie-centric after their first couple.

Superscoreboard is something to listen to as a social experiment only.

Others - whatever James Richardson does basically - he is the doyen of podcasts and both intelligent and ultra sharp-witted.

The Guardian still remains worth a listen - the guy who replaced Richardson is still very good despite being placed into a Porterfield/Moyes scenario of taking over from the best.  Can see why Glendinning would divide opinions, but he is good for that.

Not The Top Twenty very good for gaining some kind of interest in English lower league - especially as so many Scots players go there or players that AFC have been 'linked' with are mentioned - haven't forgiven their betting show for saying Oxford were a steal to beat Coventry at the weekend.

Edited by tarapoa

My take on this.....
The best is 'By The Minute', now rebranded 'Here We Go', but that is AFC bias.  I am very glad we have this option for AFC though, and their pundits and guests tend to be of a good calibre.

For Scottish Football - Sportsound is dependent on which guests are on, if it's Michael Stewart I am more inclined to listen all the way through.  If it's Yogi, Alex Rae, McCulloch etc - perhaps less so.
The Terrace is generally first class - they all tend to know their stuff and be much more attuned with what most non-weegie fans think about our game..............sometimes for an old curmudgeon like me it can develop too much into giggling fits, but they all seem likeable.
I have tried the new 'Totally Scottish Football' thing and will continue to give it a go - but definite teething problems including cliches and lack of chemistry at this early stage.  They have maybe moved away from it being too weegie-centric after their first couple.
Superscoreboard is something to listen to as a social experiment only.

Others - whatever James Richardson does basically - he is the doyen of podcasts and both intelligent and ultra sharp-witted.
The Guardian still remains worth a listen - the guy who replaced Richardson is still very good despite being placed into a Porterfield/Moyes scenario of taking over from the best.  Can see why Glendinning would divide opinions, but he is good for that.
Not The Top Twenty very good for gaining some kind of interest in English lower league - especially as so many Scots players go there or players that AFC have been 'linked' with are mentioned - haven't forgiven their betting show for saying Oxford were a steal to beat Coventry at the weekend.

What caused the rebrand? I saw there was some bickering on Twitter a couple of weeks back but didn't pay much attention to it but recently noticed they now have a new podcast but done by the same people.

On 9/12/2018 at 14:11, Jmothecat2 said:

What caused the rebrand? I saw there was some bickering on Twitter a couple of weeks back but didn't pay much attention to it but recently noticed they now have a new podcast but done by the same people.

I don't know to be honest.  Possibly due it being a phrase commonly associated with our heyday, whereas few people really knew what BTM meant.......

I see the Totally Scottish Football Show’s guest this week is Laura Brannan. Is she not the reporter who tweeted quite disparagingly about Ross County only taking a few hundred fans to Motherwell a few seasons back?

Edit - We’ve had the guest dismiss the notion of moving certain Scotland games around the country as ‘kids dream of running out at Hampden’ and it means they’d ‘have their own dressing room’. Also an English reporter referring to Morton as Greenock.

I’m getting close to unsubscribing...

Edited by Highland Capital