Football Podcasts

Guest bernardblack

Just in case there's any interest whatsoever, that's us started a podcast about Zbrojovka Brno. We're hoping it's going to be a bit more about travelling and life in the Czech Republic as well as following the team. Our mic positioning was awful for the last episode so a bit echo-ey but all feedback (and twitter follows!) more than welcome.

Zbrojovkast

On 8/7/2018 at 12:19, DrewDon said:

Turned off the latest episode of The Totally Scottish Football Show after less than 15 minutes. I think I'll be sticking to The Terrace for my Scottish football fix. 

Same here.  They like to boast about their "we'll only spend at most 49% of the time talking about Rangers and/or Celtic" as well.

2 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Same here.  They like to boast about their "we'll only spend at most 49% of the time talking about Rangers and/or Celtic" as well.

That still means that they're giving each of the Old Firm clubs five times as much attention as any other club.

Turned off the latest episode of The Totally Scottish Football Show after less than 15 minutes. I think I'll be sticking to The Terrace for my Scottish football fix. 

The staunch rangers lassie on it has put me off it. Listened through to the very end, but wont rush to listen to the rest.

Tried last week's edition the Totally Scottish Football Show but lasted about ten minutes. I thought their preview show was ok, but listening to them talking about the Aberdeen vs Rangers game was woeful. They had some random Rangers fan, but no Aberdeen fan to balance it, who was as biased as you would expect about the Morelos incident, but then the hosts seemed to agree and the consensus seemed to be a talking too would have sufficed. Turned it off when they let the fan go on about Rangers being a class above.

I have listened to Stramash, a By the Minute effort, and quite enjoyed it. Good representation of teams outside of the old firm and when they talk about lower league football it seems to be because they actually care about it, not just because they think they should mention it.

This week’s edition of the Totally Scottish Football Show was worse, horribly biased opinions on the Celtic - Hearts game, I turned off about 20 minutes in. I doubt I’ll return.

The difference between the preview show and last week's made me think the absence of JJ Bull may have been crucial. I like Bull, listened to him as a guest on other podcasts. If I continue listening it will likely be because of him.

I though this week's Totally Scottish Football Show was much better than the first one, I'll be giving it another chance.

I've never understood the love for the Terrace podcast, just can't get into it at all.  If I want to hear guys talking about football like they were in the pub, I would go to a pub.

I though this week's Totally Scottish Football Show was much better than the first one, I'll be giving it another chance.
I've never understood the love for the Terrace podcast, just can't get into it at all.  If I want to hear guys talking about football like they were in the pub, I would go to a pub.

Aye, the Terrace is ok but not brilliant. I suppose it's just the fact that people are talking about the Scottish game at all which is good. They also do lower league stuff which is good although not as often as I'd like (I know they do that on the Patreon channel sometimes too). When the competition is Sportsound and not much else, you can see why it's so popular.

Ive only listened to it a couple of times and both times they seemed to focus a lot on Hearts. They seemed likeable enough but didn't make me want to subscribe.

14 hours ago, Shotts56 said:

That can be the case, but I've found that, when the right folk are on, it's the only place where you get good, usually balanced analysis of the Premiership in a medium other than writing. 

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:55, Latino Lover said:

On the betting side of things but very much football based the matchbook and racing post pods are very thorough and not the top twenty is excellent for English football outside of the top flight. 

NTTT Championship preview was very good, but I've struggled to find the time to make it a regular listen.

How frequent are Matchbook and Racing Post?

3 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

NTTT Championship preview was very good, but I've struggled to find the time to make it a regular listen.

How frequent are Matchbook and Racing Post?

Match book is weekly I think and they often have mark o’haire on plus I think one of the nttt guys is host now. Racing post weekly too I believe the only problems with subscribing to these are you end up with golf and racing ones too but easily deleted if you’re not interested.   Done my brains on nttt tips Saturday mind although I’d imagine a lot of people were let down off Wigan and Barnsley (again).

5 minutes ago, Latino Lover said:

Match book is weekly I think and they often have mark o’haire on plus I think one of the nttt guys is host now. Racing post weekly too I believe the only problems with subscribing to these are you end up with golf and racing ones too but easily deleted if you’re not interested.   Done my brains on nttt tips Saturday mind although I’d imagine a lot of people were let down off Wigan and Barnsley (again).

He's a good follow on Twitter, so I'll give it a listen.

15 minutes in to the Totally Scottish Football and so far we've learned that RE teacher Willie Collum is "Scotland's most famous PE teacher" and last week Craig Levein was highlighting the fact John Souttar has a "Scottish granny"...