The Dundee Manager Monorail

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not often the official statement says the manager has been sacked. Usually mutual consent or even gardening leave to save face but Nelms has came out and basically said he's been punted.

Nothing mentioned about McCabe or that so wonder if he'll be in temporary charge.

If it's Pressley that's arguably worse than the Bomber Brown appointment. I'd be considering handing my season ticket. Unfortunately I don't have a wife so I'd just use my mates instead.

A devastating blow. 

For the rest of the bottom six. An awful manager in almost every respect. 

Was he, though? Genuine question. He did reasonably well for a while, but this season has been unable to stop the rot. I think he has shown signs of some managerial talent, unlike Foran.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Pretty sure we were linked with Pressley and thankfully he knocked us back because he sees his future in England.

Doing what? Plumbing? There's surely no one daft enough down there to employ him. 

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Pretty sure we were linked with Pressley and thankfully he knocked us back because he sees his future in England.

He was definitely mentioned when McGhee got the job and appeared on Sportsound to say that he wasn't interested in moving back to Scotland. The Sun ran an "exclusive" about him having knocked us back in March as well: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/712590/motherwell-fail-in-bid-to-land-steven-pressley-as-mark-mcghees-replacement-at-fir-park/

McGhee, Pressley, Stubbs, John Hughes & Scott Patterson the names mentioned thus far?

Mon back Paul, 3 year deal? No problems. Let's just pretend it was all a dream aye?

McGhee, Pressley, Stubbs, John Hughes & Scott Patterson the names mentioned thus far?
Mon back Paul, 3 year deal? No problems. Let's just pretend it was all a dream aye?

Who do you honestly expect to get?

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If it's Pressley that's arguably worse than the Bomber Brown appointment. I'd be considering handing my season ticket. Unfortunately I don't have a wife so I'd just use my mates instead.

Yeah you not turning up for the two games you have left at home will show them :rolleyes:

Who do you honestly expect to get?

Someone better than the usual crop of failed managers.

I'd rather we appointed someone on a short term deal then assessed at the end of the season if that's the options. Someone like Jack Ross would be ideal.

And if we are to go down the failed manager route then Duffy is currently the best of the lot.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Was he, though? Genuine question. He did reasonably well for a while, but this season has been unable to stop the rot. I think he has shown signs of some managerial talent, unlike Foran.

He's got a top 6 budget and wage bill and spunked it on terrible players, has built an unbalanced squad and his tactics are shite. 

at least he didn't rage quit this time I suppose. 

If anything, I'm hoping that the Americans perceived naivety or lack of knowledge of the Scottish game might be a blessing that means they look further than the usual suspects. With almost a fortnight until our next game there's no need to appoint anybody immediately, they can afford to take a couple of days on this. 

Archived