The Dundee Manager Monorail

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I appreciate the list is depressing but those odds mean practically f**k all. 

Exactly. I've seen bookies stopping taking bets on the hot favourite for a job before only to find out later on that he was never even in the running.

McClair would be about the best short-term manager we could get particularly with Archie as his assistant. It might be a complete disaster but that's the risk we took as soon as we disposed of Hartley. There's certainly no better realistic target and I'm quite surprised we've managed to tempt him on that sort of deal if it is true.

ETA: That said, every 'coach' that's been at Man United when Ferguson was there have turned out to be shite managers.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Got to think Hartley got a bit lucky to have Hemmings and Stewart to mask that he's not really very good managing at this level.

I disagree and would feel the same way if Thistle ended up in trouble next season and someone suggested that Archibald simply got a bit lucky having Kris Doolan at the club.

Who the f**k is Brian McClair?

Thank you.

Man United's Director of Youth from 2006-2015. Then replaced Mark Wotte as SFA performance director before leaving them as he thought he'd have chance of an impact rather than pen pushing.

Zero managerial experience to draw from but a wealth of experience in football. Could be completely shite but at least he's unknown shite rather than the likes of McGhee, Yogi etc and has good pedigree.

I reckon McClair is the type that won't be steady. He'll either produce wonders or be the next Kernaghan.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Man United's Director of Youth from 2006-2015. Then replaced Mark Wotte as SFA performance director before leaving them as he thought he'd have chance of an impact rather than pen pushing.

Zero managerial experience to draw from but a wealth of experience in football. Could be completely shite but at least he's unknown shite rather than the likes of McGhee, Yogi etc and has good pedigree.

I reckon McClair is the type that won't be steady. He'll either produce wonders or be the next Kernaghan.

Wait, did KT honestly not know who McClair was?

5 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

I disagree and would feel the same way if Thistle ended up in trouble next season and someone suggested that Archibald simply got a bit lucky having Kris Doolan at the club.

Hemmings and Stewart scored just under 40 goals between them last season. Doolan averages around 10-15 per season I believe, so there is a bit of a difference there.

Agreed but I think Thistle's second highest scoring striker has 2 goals from 33 appearances.

Greg Stewart scored 9 league goals in 36 appearances and Kane Hemmings scored 21 league goals  in 37 appearances.  Rory Loy fared better than Stewart with 9 league goals in 29 apperances.

Agreed but I think Thistle's second highest scoring striker has 2 goals from 33 appearances.

Are you fucking thick?

Archived