The Dundee Manager Monorail

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I've a feeling he made the odd appearance for some minor English outfit too.

Can't really expect any football fan to have heard of him.

He also played as a forward for Scotland, and scored.

Eventually.

If Dundee stay up and Duffy gets offered the position, I think he'd take it. (Assuming we won't be in the Premiership...Spoiler, we won't.) Not necessarily jumpimg before he's pushed, but a secrion of our fanbase are just never going to warm to him, and we'd probably be heading into a Championship season without our best players from this campaign. Dundee are a bigger club, and who knows when else he'd get offered a job in the too flight. 

If Dundee offered him the job now, I think he'd be smart enough to tell them to do one. Starting his tenure with a possible relegation on it would be disastrous. 

Stubbs for the pointe, Locke for the patter. 

Duffy is Derry'd oot his nut. If Dundee offered him a deal he'd drag his baldy dome over glass to get the job. And I see him as a pretty loyal guy in general.

Walter Smith's odds are tumbling. He was 50-1. Then 16-1. Then 10-1. Now 7-1. Must be a Rangers fan pummelling money on him as that's never gonna happen.

Duffy is Derry'd oot his nut. If Dundee offered him a deal he'd drag his baldy dome over glass to get the job. And I see him as a pretty loyal guy in general.

I'd rather have Jocky - f**k it I'd rather have Barry Smith. No subbies Duffy - no thanks.

Seriously though, Jocky Scott for 5 games, fighting the flames for Dundee one last time isn't the worst idea in the world. And it'd be a fitting end to his career.

He can peel himself away from the golf course for little over a month and save us like he so often does.

Then we can start our search for a new manager in the summer with us looking like a much more attractive proposition.

Archived