The Dundee Manager Monorail

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Scottish based rules out: Alan Stubbs, any exotic ex-Dee, any American, Owen Coyle?

Available now rules out: Jim Duffy, Jack Ross, David Hopkirk, Scott Paterson, Barry Smith, Darren Young, Peter Houston, Gary Locke.

Removing the couple of unrealistic targets in the odds such as Walter Smith.

That leaves a selection of Brian McClair, Archie Knox (Who fits the knows the players criteria), Jocky Scott, Mark McGhee and Terry Butcher.

Out of that list I'd go for Jocky first for the short term as McClair would be too much of a risk in comparison. McClair would be 2nd. McGhee and Butcher would be depressing.

Good, I'd take Hopkin or Young at ICT lol.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scottish based rules out: Alan Stubbs, any exotic ex-Dee, any American, Owen Coyle?

Available now rules out: Jim Duffy, Jack Ross, David Hopkirk, Scott Paterson, Barry Smith, Darren Young, Peter Houston, Gary Locke.

Removing the couple of unrealistic targets in the odds such as Walter Smith.

That leaves a selection of Brian McClair, Archie Knox (Who fits the knows the players criteria), Jocky Scott, Mark McGhee and Terry Butcher.

Out of that list I'd go for Jocky first for the short term as McClair would be too much of a risk in comparison. McClair would be 2nd. McGhee and Butcher would be depressing.

I'd have said it'd probably rule out McGhee as well since he lives in Brighton.

I'd have said it'd probably rule out McGhee as well since he lives in Brighton.

Yassssssss!!!

I could kiss you.

So unless it's someone completely unexpected Nelms is pretty much confirming it's McClair and Knox. As much as I'm getting my hopes up about Jocky, there's not a realistic chance of it happening.

Yassssssss!!!

I could kiss you.

So unless it's someone completely unexpected Nelms is pretty much confirming it's McClair and Knox. As much as I'm getting my hopes up about Jocky, there's not a realistic chance of it happening.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread (or maybe the other one) there's also the question of McGhee's suspension, which I believe was 6 games?

Seeing as he's without a club I don't imagine that will have been served. It'd be a pretty whacky appointment to go for a guy who wouldn't be able to be in the dug out for ANY of your last 5 games.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yassssssss!!!

I could kiss you.

Jocky lives in St Tropez and only commutes through for the golf. Probably rules him out.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread (or maybe the other one) there's also the question of McGhee's suspension, which I believe was 6 games?

Seeing as he's without a club I don't imagine that will have been served. It'd be a pretty whacky appointment to go for a guy who wouldn't be able to be in the dug out for ANY of your last 5 games.

Makes me feel bad for the guy tbh. Maybe there's a loophole where he can be our honorary manager with no actual responsibilities for 5 games then leave again.

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Duffy is fatter. IMO.

Your opinion isn't actually relevant to the fact that Paul Hartley is a greasy, obese mess tbh. Stopped reading your post right there but I've no doubt that it was a uniformly terrible one all the way through as usual. 

58cde68259463_ainsleycake.jpg.8b8b1a1a38cf6d7247c7006208961833.jpg

I can't believe Gary Locke is in the running by the bookies at such short odds. Sacked in all his previous jobs with win % less than 28% at all 3 clubs.
No offense to the blue Brazil but they are about his level and I bet he'll get booted from that job in fife before too long.

What is it that Scottish football
powers see in this guy? He's a walking disaster of a manager. Can barely speak English and is a regular sportsound guest. What's to like?

Dundee should just get in a fella like Scott to help them stay up but either way, then go after Duffy after season is completed. There's not a lot of affordable options out there with quality that live in Scotland and would take this position presently.

I can't believe Gary Locke is in the running by the bookies at such short odds. Sacked in all his previous jobs with win % less than 28% at all 3 clubs.
No offense to the blue Brazil but they are about his level and I bet he'll get booted from that job in fife before too long.

What is it that Scottish football
powers see in this guy? He's a walking disaster of a manager. Can barely speak English and is a regular sportsound guest. What's to like?

His LinkedIn profile - it's phenomenal.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Alex Rae, bizarrely, saying he's interested in the job and that he'd jump at the chance. And it's not even got him a listing on the bookies odds when they're just at the point at guessing. emoji23.png

Came on to post this. Fucking hell, I don't even think he was taking the piss. Good luck with the hunt, anyway.

Jack Ross is shite, by the way. he's lost the dressing room and is tactically clueless.

Archived