The Dundee Manager Monorail

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statement from Hartley:

"I'm disappointed not to have been given the chance to see out the remainder of the season because I firmly believe we would have retained our SPFL Premiership status.

"I was confident we would have moved up the league table as there are some excellent players in the dressing-room, led by captain Darren O’Dea. However, I respect the decision made by the Dundee FC board and would like to wish everyone success in the final five games of the campaign.

"I'm very proud of what I achieved at Dundee since I was appointed manager in February, 2014. We won promotion to the SPFL top flight and we finished in the top six. There is no doubt I’m leaving the club in a far stronger position now from when I first joined.

"I want to thank all my backroom staff, who have been a pleasure to work with and gave me unswerving support, and also thank all the people who work at the club behind the scenes.

"I've met a lot of good people over the years at Dens Park and leave with a lot of happy memories.

"Finally, I wish the club well in the future and look forward to my next challenge in management."

Pretty dignified I'd say.

24 minutes ago, The Master said:

Statement from Hartley:

Pretty dignified I'd say.

Hartley's statement says if he had been given the opportunity to stay on at Dundee he firmly believes we would have maintained our top flight status and that he was confident we would have moved up the table.  When asked by BBC on Saturday (less than 48 hours ago) about avoiding relegation he replied "hopefully".  He also said the result was a "body blow" and that we'd need to "fight for every point".  Definite difference of tone.

Not even a hint that he had made mistakes or would have done anything differently.

I hate to say it but Twinkle is right, not a mention of the fans who I think by and large stayed faithful to him until the Aberdeen shambles, despite the bad start in the league and the nature of the cup exits.

I hate to say it but Twinkle is right, not a mention of the fans who I think by and large stayed faithful to him until the Aberdeen shambles, despite the bad start in the league and the nature of the cup exits.

To be fair I hadn't remained faithful to him.

I hear Ally is off the cakes and is ready to test out his new and improved tactics in the big league.

Could Dens be the destination to kick start his managerial career?

IMG_5329.JPG

I hear Ally is off the cakes and is ready to test out his new and improved tactics in the big league.
Could Dens be the destination to kick start his managerial career?
IMG_5329.JPG.af76faf8e4d3554306033326b8f1cf5a.JPG

Did you really hear that?

Just now, Fifespud said:

Did you really hear that?

Okay, I may have embellished the part about the cakes and the new and improved tactics. The rest is true though. 

Archived