The Dundee Manager Monorail

Someone better than the usual crop of failed managers.

I'd rather we appointed someone on a short term deal then assessed at the end of the season if that's the options. Someone like Jack Ross would be ideal.

And if we are to go down the failed manager route then Duffy is currently the best of the lot.

Whilst Jack Ross has a great run in the last couple of months I'd see him as a pretty big gamble. Look at Jackie and Ray across the road - both looked pretty decent options when appointed.
As I've said if not Neil then Houston.

Houston has experience, knows our game inside out, someone to do the simple things - like signing half decent players and playing them in their proper positions.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst Jack Ross has a great run in the last couple of months I'd see him as a pretty big gamble. Look at Jackie and Ray across the road - both looked pretty decent options when appointed.

Houston has experience, knows our game inside out, someone to do the simple things - like signing half decent players and playing them in their proper positions.

I'd take Houston but he's regularly stated that Falkirk will be his last club.

3 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Surely the pickings now will be super slim? Need to appoint someone in the summer. McPake until then?

They need to appoint someone to stop relegation pronto.  Jum Duffy is a good call. 

The Falkirk threads full of fans complaining about him playing central midfielders in the wrong positions and centre halves in the full back areas...

I still maintain Hartley should've stayed until the end of the season. A new manager will only have maybe a week to learn the squad, and when you look at the options available, and who'd be willing to manage a team for five games with a possible relegation/manage a team in the Championship next season, it's hardly inviting.

Folk mentioning Alex Neil are dreaming. It'll be someone who knows the league, who's unemployed, and who's reputation won't be damaged by managing a team to relegation. It screams of Butcher/Pressley.

Maybe Mark O'Hara was why Kilmarnock battled relegation for the last few years? He's left (our best prospect if you listened to the Dees back in July) and suddenly our team gets better and his new team goes backwards.

Messi O'Hara indeed.

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Maybe Mark O'Hara was why Kilmarnock battled relegation for the last few years? He's left (our best prospect if you listened to the Dees back in July) and suddenly our team gets better and his new team goes backwards.

Messi O'Hara indeed.

Are Dundee fans still coming into Kilmarnock threads on a weekly basis to go on about how great O'Hara is?

Really wanted Hartley to do well , but his time was up.

Think the board have been pretty generous with him really, basically giving him an entire season to sort it out  but he's failed. The signings have been awful , with the exception of Haber everyone else has been really poor this season. Mental tactics recently and the players look like they have given up. Good night sweet Prince.

Archived